The Sponaugle Wellness Institute is seeking a well-established massage therapist to join its state of the art wellness spa located in Oldsmar, Florida, 20 minutes outside beautiful Tampa Bay. At Sponaugle Wellness Institute, we practice integrative medicine combining the best of western medicine and natural medicine to assist the healing of patients suffering from chronic illness. Our typical patient has undergone treatment from multiple doctors and wellness centers, yet they have failed to regain their health. The massage therapy is an essential part to the success of our treatment protocol.
We are seeking a dedicated professional who demonstrates a passion for helping others achieve wellness and who takes pride in delivering world class service in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, and a knowledgeable, patient focused professional who maintains positive working relationships with team members.
- Responds to any inquiries about the kinds of massage offered, the benefits of this service or other related inquiries.
- Communicates with physicians, nurses and other health care providers regarding massage therapy for patient/client and documents accordingly in the EMR.
- Presents in-service and workshops as requested to raise awareness about the benefits of massage therapy for patients and their caregivers.
- Performs other adjunctive therapies or treatments in addition to massage therapy.
- Prepare and blend aromatherapy oils.
- Collaborate with health care providers on clinical issues relevant to screening prior to massage therapy services.
- A current Florida license in massage therapy, active CPR certification, and lymphatic drainage continuing education.
- Minimum two years’ experience in the delivery of massage therapy; experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Strong demonstration of verbal and written communication skills required.
- Requires firm knowledge of various massage therapy techniques, and the understanding of the specific needs and limitations of Lyme disease patients regarding massage therapy
- Previous experience in review of patient medical records or demonstrated familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
While using proper body mechanics during client procedures, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual dexterity and tactile sensitivity are required to effectively perform massage therapy techniques. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, hands, moving your whole body, lifting (approximately 20 pounds), balancing, walking, and bending.
Hours are 9AM-5PM or 10AM-6PM, M-F.
Salary based on experience & Employee Benefits.