Are you ready for your next challenge and ready to help us change the world? Join Splunk!
Check out Splunk Public Sector - We're hiring! CLICK HERE!
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and expand your sales knowledge and learn from the best? Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and help business think differently? If you answered yes then we might have a home here for you at Splunk! The Field Sales Rep (for Named Accounts) will be responsible for expanding and growing territories for Splunk. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, and conduct lead generation techniques and sell Splunk's award-winning software into well known/brand named companies. You have a consistent record of selling software or services and you know how to build beneficial, positive relationships with customers.
You will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You will be an especially strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and adopts all aspects of selling. S/he should be able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services into secondary State & Local governments and school districts within a designated territory. You should be an expert in contract capture, negotiating large, complex deals and working out creative financing as needed.
- Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities.
- Leading contributor to territory quota.
- Responsible for positioning, presenting, and figuring out a strategy for territory.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability are critical.
- Ability to succeed requires strong drive and involves the application of advanced technical/business skills.
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience
- Prior sales in the SLED area is a requirement
- 2 + Years of direct enterprise software executive sales experience
- Technical acumen with the ability to relate it with business value
- Consistent track record of sales stellar performance
- Comfortable with both an enterprise and transactional sales model
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
- Ability to forecast, handle sales expenses
- High intellect and the capacity to multi task
- Excellent qualifying and closing skills
- Business development, prospecting skills and ability to build strong partner relationships
- Up to 50% travel
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!