Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a passion for building new APIs for supporting new products? Do you want to be part of a founding team and build something from the ground up?
Splunk's Engineering team is looking for back-end developers to build innovative solutions that enables rapid development. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work (native mobile, front-end and back-end) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
With offices in San Francisco and San Jose you will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
What core skills will you refine and improve? How will you contribute to our success?
- You will design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software improvements and new products.
- You'll actively contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementations
- We will encourage you to live innovation by promoting and soliciting ideas within project teams
- Actively pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related major, and strong record of academic achievement
- Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language, preferably Java, C++), methods, test development, algorithms and data structure
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and - -- UNIX/Linux environments
- Fluent in spoken and written english
Do you want to stand out as exceptionally qualified? Possess one or more of the following:
- Back-end experience (Grid, Hadoop, etc.)
- Mobile experience: iOS (Swift/Obj-C), Android
- Strong proficiency in Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, or LAMP
- Experience building or maintaining databases (Oracle, MySQL, Hive, etc.)
- Secure Coding and Software Reverse Engineering
- Cryptography and cryptographic protocols
- Cross-browser, cross-platform coding
- Large-scale, large-user base website development experience
- Demonstrate competency and aptitude for Analytics, machine learning, AI, statistics, information retrieval, linguistic analysis
- Strong mathematical background
- Internship experience at a tech company
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!