- Over a month ago
Splintek is a Lenexa based, made in the USA manufacturing company in the business of providing high-quality healthcare products to Retailers, Professionals and direct to consumers since 1996. Innovation, team-based, high energy, casual business environment. Splintek’s mission is to enhance the quality of life globally by innovating healthcare products for better sleep, more comfort, and overall health. Please visit our website at www.sleepright.com
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Manage the staff, equipment, and tasks required to ensure all products are manufactured correctly and efficiently, in a cost-effective manner, on-time, in accordance with build specifications and quality requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate with executive management to ensure a thorough understanding of proposed manufacturing projects, timelines, priorities, resources, and budget requirements. Provide input into these areas to ensure upper management has the information required to make informed decisions
- Plan, schedule and review the workload to ensure production output will meet objectives
- Ensure the Injection Mold Machine Operators are appropriately trained, and the positions are staffed to meet the needs of each project
- Work closely with Inventory and Purchasing to ensure required materials are available for Production when needed
- Take responsibility for all process control as well as the IQ, OQ, and PQ of all production equipment and ensure all requirements are met
- Seek out production process best practices and apply them to the operations of the department
- Take a hands-on approach to assisting the Machine Operators with all equipment functions. Lead by example
- Maintain the production log sheets and quality audits to ensure they are complete, thorough, and retained in a secure and organized manner
- Regularly inspect samples of finished products to ensure specifications are met and products are free from defects and blemishes
- Coordinate with upper management and Human Resources to drive the recruiting, selection, and hiring process for Production Department staff
- Provide and track appropriate training opportunities for team members to include equipment operation training, safety training, computer skills training as necessary, and thorough training in all company policies and procedures
- Enforce and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as all federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and production requirements
- Maintain Production Department staff performance results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results and motivating the team
- Set and monitor department performance goals, ensure the goals are met, and communicate results as required by management. Always provide an explanation for any shortcomings and a plan for future improvement.
- Communicate in a clear and timely manner to employees in an environment that may be loud and filled with frequent distractions
- Communicate frequently with other departments and members of management to ensure all efforts are coordinated and potential improvements in performance can be realized
- Adhere to GMP and fulfill all QMSM and Quality Assurance responsibilities.
- Make safety a priority consideration with all actions taken within the department. Partner with general liability insurance provider and/or the insurance brokers’ loss prevention specialists to identify and correct any potential safety hazards. Promptly respond to any OSHA inquiries
- Proactively seek out safety and loss prevention feedback from team members, ensure all appropriate and required safety signage is properly posted, and utilize a safety committee or toolbox talk approach to provide feedback and training to foster a strong safety culture
- Immediately treat and respond to employee injuries. Provide the required injury reports to Human Resources. Investigate the cause of all accidents and take steps to ensure similar accidents are prevented in the future.
- Maintain the physical condition of the production area and machinery by inspecting equipment; maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness by enforcing 5S procedures; conducting Kaizen events, performing maintenance and repair of equipment, or issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement of damaged, broken, or worn-out equipment
- Support Lean and Six Sigma initiatives
- Assist with FDA, ISO, and other required audits
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating immediate corrective actions for budget overages
- Maintain personal professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and earning OSHA certifications.
- Assist department personnel with machine operation responsibilities, as well as aiding others within the facility as needed
- Associates Degree in Industrial Management or similar, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial management or similar
- OSHA 10-hour training certification
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL
- 3 years of production experience
- 2 years of Supervisory experience
- 2 years of experience with injection mold machinery
- 5+ years of production experience
- Bilingual Spanish skills
- Considerable experience with Injection Mold machines
**We are NOT interested in working with recruiters or employment agencies at this time. Please do not email about potential candidates.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Vision: Use vision to read, write, type, operate office, electronic, and manufacturing equipment, and make fine adjustments.
Speaking/Hearing: Give and receive information through speaking and hearing.
Motor Coordination: Requires hands to operate equipment.
Lift/Carry: Regularly lift, push, and move up to 50lbs.
Environment: Office and warehouse environments may be dust, contain sharp edges, include areas that are not well lit, the floor may be uneven or cracked, and the facility may be subject to variations in temperature.
15555 W 108th StLenexa, KS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?