Job Title: Sous Chef
Department: eet Kitchen
Reports To: Studio Catering Manager
eet is a small catering company owned and operated by Splashlight, a leading 60,000 square foot Photography Studio(s) in Tribeca, NYC. Our team provides in-house catering for our staff and clients.
The Sous Chef is responsible for all aspects of running the kitchen in a professional manner, and consistently providing an excellent product for eet's retail and catering customers all while meeting budget expectations.
- Interims as the Executive Chef when he/she is not present
- Ensure the kitchen staff's schedules are followed
- Assist with inventory and ordering of all kitchen related operating food items
- Ensure that kitchen setup, service execution, cleanup and breakdown are all done in a timely, efficiently and thorough manner
- Monitor the cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the kitchen throughout the day and make the necessary corrections
- Assist the Executive Chef with performance reviews
- Expedite during the lunch rush hour
- Work towards eet's financial goals; monthly, quarterly and annually
- Assist in overseeing all food preparation and production; monitor food quality and quantity for eet and retail catering while overseeing the ordering of daily food items
- Assist in the responsibility of the kitchen cleanliness
- Responsible for production of all non-pastry related food items
- Train and educate Cooks, Porters and Receivers in cooking methods, food trends, time management, organization and proper food standards and presentation
- Responsible for timely delivery of food items to all eet's retail and catering
- Fulfill tasks assigned by Executive Chef
- Maintain good communication with all other managers and staff
- Assist with production schedules and coordination of the workflow
- Keep the interest of the guests in clear focus while performing duties
- Learn and Apply the Splashlight Principles
- Great customer service skills
- Strong listening skills and able to communicate eet's goals and vision to team members
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Responsible, neat and have a clean appearance
- Ability to stand for the majority of the day as well as be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Cheerful, positive attitude when working with a variety of people, and able to work well under pressure
- Culinary Arts Degree
- 2+ years' experience in a New York restaurant managerial position
- 2+ years' experience in a high volume catering experience
- Must have a NYC Department of Health Food Handler's certificate or obtain one within 3 months of employment
Splashlight & TelmarNew York, NY
Get fresh Sous Chef jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.