DIAGEO: Director, Brand Change DBC & Canada
Apply at: Diageo Careers
Job Description:Supply Innovation & Brand Change (I&BC) Director: Diageo Beer Company & Canada Markets
Our performance ambition is to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. We are proud of the brands we make and the enjoyment they give to millions. We are passionate about alcohol playing a positive role in society as part of a balanced lifestyle. It is central to our purpose to celebrate life, every day, everywhere.
We are a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer! We produce an assortment of over 200 amazing brands – old and new, large and small, global and local – that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries around the world!
Diageo is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, our people, our brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. Visit Diageo's global responsible drinking resource, www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share standard methodology.
The North American I&BC agenda continues to grow, yielding several hundred programs each year. With Innovation pressing for groundbreaking packs and liquids, existing Brands aspiring to maintain relevancy, and global partners attempting to pull more and more products from North America, it is an exciting time to be part of the IB&C team. The purpose of this role is to deliver leadership via portfolio management, capability analysis/development and drive continuous improvement in support of the delivery of North American I&BC agenda. In addition, this role is recognized as the voice of Supply within the Innovation team, to help evaluate and prioritize programs as appropriate. These programs can range in value and complexity, cutting across Innovation, global brand renovations and cost optimization projects.Job Summary:
The Supply &BC Director will focus on delivery in three primary areas:
I. Holistic I&BC Portfolio Management
a. Facilitate and lead project prioritization discussions with Innovation and Brand teams, respectively
b. Ensuring effective resource utilization
c. Ownership of I&BC pipeline tools and reporting – both regionally and North American input to Global
d. Act as the primary point of contact for Global I&BC ideation search and spin
II. Gap Analysis –Collaborating with Diageo North America’s Technical and Conversion teams for Future I&BC
a. Packaging formats, liquid capabilities, conversion capabilities and strategy
b. Technical capabilities within our labs, conversion sites and our personnel
c. Key relationship bridge between Procurement, Technical Innovation, Brand and our Commercial partners
III. Process Improvement
a. Continuously monitor and provide recommendations to optimize NA’s operating model as it relates to I&BC
b. Embedding and continuously enhancing our core I&BC capabilities (i.e. World Class Commercialization)
c. Primary point of contact for exporting and importing of best in class practices between North America and Diageo’s Global regions
This role will work with a diverse set of internal and external partner teams across Diageo’s Supply and Innovation/Demand organizations, including key partners within North American Innovation Marketing and Brand Marketing. It will also work across Innovation & Supply Project leads to ensure alignment and execution of all packaging and liquid concepts through commercialization to launch.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic oversight of the total NA Innovation portfolio and all IB&C projects for US Spirits, inclusive of resourcing recommendations and project prioritization efforts.
- Consult, guide, and support Brand, Technical Innovation, Conversion, Procurement, and Customer Marketing in finding creative solutions to the development and commercialization process across I&BC programs.
- Ensure I&BC programs apply the appropriate Diageo methodologies (i.e. Planview, Design Tables, Change Control, Michelangelo, and Technical Readiness)
- Provide tactical and strategic input into the development process, driving early-resolution of commercialization hurdles
- Exceptional relationships and influencing skills across multiple functions, at all levels of the organization.
- Consistently demonstrate pride and commitment to Diageo via authentic behaviour, solution-focused mentality, and keeping Diageo’s customers and shareholders top of mind.
- Lead and manage a team to ensure resources are appropriately applied across all agreed projects, coach and develop talent both functionally and in leadership by using Diageo tools of P4G, Development Plans and Leadership Standard
- 10+ years experience in CPG new product development/commercialization and supply chain. This would include deep knowledge of a Stage/Gate commercialization process.
- Preference for a BS in a technical field (eg pack eng, industrial engineering, chemical engineering, or related technical field) with demonstrated success in the commercialization process.
- Advanced business acumen, communication, interpersonal, influencing and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated experience/success in leading a multi-disciplined team in an extremely fast-moving environment, with the ability to lead, provide overall portfolio/project governance and cut-through in the face of ambiguity.
- Successful candidates will have strong technical depth and performance management skills, dynamic cross-functional interaction, and highly effective project management, communication, and negotiation skills
- Solid theoretical knowledge of primary package design, graphics development/commercialization, liquid development, and manufacturing processes and procedures.
Powered by JazzHR
Spirits Industry Opportunities (Powered by Pronghorn)Plainfield, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.