Do you want to work with one of Canada’s top oil and gas companies represented by an award-winning staffing agency? Look no further and join the Spirit circle today!
Our large and well-established Oil and Gas client is looking for an eager and analytical Senior Financial Analyst in Calgary, AB to join their Midstream and Downstream, Retail, Supply and Logistics Team.
What's in it for you?
- Work with a large and well-established Oil and Gas company, with possibility of extension or permanent placement.
- Full time shifts; Monday to Friday; 40 hours per week.
- 1 year contract; This position is looking to start as soon as possible with an expected review date of September 30, 2020.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits.
- Representation by an award-winning staffing agency that invests in you professionally and takes the time to guide you through the process.
Did we peak your interest yet? If you have strong progressive experience in business/financial analysis in the Oil & Gas industry then we want to hear from you! Apply Today!
Reporting to the Manager of Finance & Accounting, Canadian Products Marketing, the Senior Financial Analyst will perform business analytical and consolidated financial reporting functions, contribute to business unit initiatives, and function as liaison on corporate processes with a variety of groups.
- Perform various monthly/quarterly variance analysis and reporting including: management summary, daily margin analysis, business unit, operational, capital, and ad hoc.
- Work with the business to identify and assist in implementation of corrective actions to close variances.
- Contribute to strategic planning, investment decisions, budgeting, and forecasting activities for the department.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and high-quality information flows smoothly to others.
- Provide financial information in support of business KPI's & industry benchmarking efforts.
- Prepare project economics/analytics and project post mortems.
- Conduct analysis and modeling in support of long range strategic planning and new initiatives.
- Constantly review and identify processes to improve both system and reporting efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Support the business in identifying and managing operational risk within the scope of Downstream accounting.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and participate in ad hoc projects as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent area is required.
- CMA, CPA of CFA designation is strongly preferred and considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in business/financial analysis, preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry-Downstream is required and vital in order to be successful in the role.
- Solid knowledge of SAP or ERP financial reporting systems is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including advanced proficiency in Excel capabilities and strong use of PowerPoint is required.
- Strong understanding financial acumen is required and vital in order to be successful in the role.
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy with a demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines is required.
- Self-starter able to perform under broad guidelines on delivery.
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Ability to apply innovation and initiative to problem-solving and trend analysis.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to analyze and solve problems as they arise is strongly desired.
- If this position is classified as safety risk sensitive, you must also be able to pass pre-access drug & alcohol testing.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Possession of or eligible to obtain a passport
CLOSES OCTOBER 2, 2019 OR SOONER IF A SUCCESSFUL IS CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED - APPLY ASAP
**We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly**
Looking for more opportunities? Check out our website at www.spiritstaffing.org.
Don't see a posting that suits you? Apply to our "General Application" and our recruiters will get in touch when they have a job that fits you!
Follow us "Spirit Staffing & Consulting Inc" on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter for all our new postings.