We are looking for a UX designer with strong technical skills to work with our product management and development teams. If you're hard-working and dedicated, Spirion is an ideal place to get ahead. We’re hiring the best of the best to implement immersive exposure, a shared experience vision and to create a culture of continuous learning; we are on track to becoming a design driven organization.
Our ideal candidate is driven by a desire to create beautiful, engaging, modern SaaS application interfaces while taking pride providing a product that customers will love. Although our preference is someone with experience in the security industry, we will be happy to consider passionate candidates from any industry that are specialists in visual design and have a strong UX background, as long as you have a desire to learn new skills and to work outside of your comfort zone.
Duties and Responsibilities
· You have an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of good design: visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color theory, etc.
· You have an in-depth understanding of software usability heuristics and guidelines.
· You have experience with usability studies and/or user research.
· Along with web and print design, you have done design work for B2B enterprise products.
· You have experience implementing your design ideas in a software product environment.
· You have written style and usability guidelines and built user interfaces that adhere to them.
· You strive for beauty through simplicity.
· You take deadlines seriously and turn in deliverables on time.
· You have an interest in the technical side of things and are eager to learn new technologies.
· You are a multi-disciplinary designer comfortable switching between multiple tasks/projects.
· You are a perfectionist who cares about getting the little details right.
· Your scope of work will include:
o UX design for a range of new applications, including multiple greenfield products.
o Taking initiative to utilize UX methodologies to solve problems:
§ User interviews
§ Usability tests
§ Card sorts, tree tests, heatmap/first click testing
§ Behavioral analytic analysis
§ User flows across all product touchpoints
§ Journey map the UX customer experience
§ Building wireframes
§ Some simple graphic design work
§ Creating high-fidelity mockups to assist product designers where necessary
o Applying consistent branding and product design standards.
o Understanding product specifications and user psychology
o Helping create personas through user research and data
o Defining the right interaction model and evaluate its success
o Finding creative ways to solve UX problems using both quantitative and qualitative methodologies (e.g. usability, findability, success rate, etc.)
o Working with product designers to implement attractive, intuitive designs
Qualifications: An individual must be able to perform each Essential Function of the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the Essential Functions.
Education: Minimum of an undergraduate degree in UX Design or other related field; or a combination of 5+ years of commensurate experience and education.
Specific requirements include:
· BSc in UX, Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology/Sociology or a related field
· 5+ years relevant work experience as a product, UX or UI designer
· Must have a user-centric product design approach
· Understanding of HCI and UCD
· Ability to work in a rapid/iterative design environment
· Strong portfolio of design projects
· Strong understanding of interaction design and information architecture
· Proficient in design software (e.g. UXPin, Balsamiq, Adobe Suite, etc.)
· Problem-solving aptitude
· Analytical mind with a business acumen
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent eye for aesthetic design and understanding of how it will increase customer appeal
· Excellent attention to detail, meticulous and diligent
· Strong knowledge of the industry and market trends (willingness to quickly learn the industry is also acceptable)
Requirements: The Physical Requirements for this position include being able to constantly operate a computer, frequently communicate within the company, frequently communicate with customers or potential customers, occasionally remain in a stationary position, and frequently transverse about inside the office. Some travel to customer sites for onsite visits is also required.
Spirion, LLC offers a robust benefit package, to include Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Life, Long-term Disability, 401k retirement savings, Healthcare Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, College Tuition Benefit, Employee Assistance Program, Parking benefit, Communication Benefit, and Unlimited Paid Time Off!!