Essential Function of Job
The personal care attendant (Respite Caregiver, Homemaker) is an employee of a temporary staffing agency that provides home care services in the home for elderly, disabled and/or special needs clients. Our company must ensure that our employees are able to safely perform within the scope of work listed below in order to provide the necessary care to our clients.
· Repetitive bending stooping, twisting and the ability to lift 40-75 pounds or more
· Housekeeping Ability to life/use household equipment (up to 40 pounds) and ability to bend, stoop, twist, squat and kneel. Change linens and do laundry.
· Bathing clients (sponge or shower), Bending, stooping, twisting, stand-by assist
· Assist with feeding/ meal preparation, ambulation and incontinence care
· Employees work within a home environment, unsupervised, caring for the needs of elderly and/or developmentally disabled clients
· Employee will have ability to safely manage behaviors (anger, combativeness, running, etc.) prevalent in a variety of diagnose (Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, ADHD, Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, etc.)