Food and Beverage Manager Embassy Suites Lynnwood WA
Spire Hospitality Lynnwood, WA
- Expired: July 31, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Embassy Suites Hotel located in Lynnwood, WA has started the search for a rock star Food and Beverage Manager who embodies the spirit of fine dining to coordinate the activities of the outlet’s staff in order to deliver quality product and to service to restaurant customers. The responsibilities in this experienced leadership role follow:
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimize loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Conduct competitive research and report trends and recommendations.
- Support the entire Food and Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing.
The ideal candidate will be:
- well versed in all aspects of running a full service restaurant
- highly organized
- driven to achieving high standards
- adamant about creating and maintaining positive and effective relationships with your crew and co-workers
- polished at delivering exceptional guest service
If this describes you perfectly and seems like the opportunity you have been looking for, come and join our amazing, dedicated, and energetic team!
Previous successful restaurant management experience, the ability to drive revenue, and an award-winning attitude are the ideal skills for this demanding position. The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Considerable skill in math including determining percentages.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. College degree preferred.
Position requires two-five years previous Food and Beverage and supervisory experience.
Licenses or certificates:
Food Service Sanitation certification. CPR certification preferred.
From: Spire Hospitality
FoodView all jobs at Spire Hospitality