Sr. Android Engineer
Spigot, Inc. is one of the world's leading multi-platform application developers, focusing on building highly effective digital offerings that maximize value for our advertisers, publishers, and partners. Using data science and our industry-leading user acquisition strategy, we offer a diverse array of mobile and web solutions that allow advertisers to optimize for a highly targeted audience reach. Combining best-in-class industry expertise and consumer interests with proprietary big-data insights, we develop and fine-tune apps that offer optimal user engagement at scale.
Our success is fueled by employee innovation, data-driven decisions, and a startup mentality. We're talking free lunches, flexible work schedules, numerous company outings, coffee, drinks & snacks, ping pong, pool table, foosball tables, and an all-star group of talented professionals.
We are a small and motivated team looking for a skilled Senior Android Engineer to join us in building innovative mobile applications. At our company, we value collaboration, creativity, and staying at the forefront of technology. As a senior member of our team, you will have the opportunity to lead the development of new apps using the latest technologies, with a particular focus on Compose. Join us and make a significant impact while enjoying the freedom to innovate and shape the product direction.
Where You'll Make an Impact
- Lead the development of new mobile applications for the Android platform, utilizing the latest technologies, such as Compose, to deliver exceptional user experiences
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and backend engineers, to ensure smooth and efficient development processes
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior team members, assisting in their growth and development
- Contribute to architectural decisions, ensuring scalability, maintainability, and performance of the Android applications
- Write high-quality code that follows best practices, industry standards, and company guidelines
- Conduct code reviews, offer constructive feedback, and maintain a high level of code quality throughout the development lifecycle
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks, optimization opportunities, and potential security vulnerabilities
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, advancements, and best practices in Android development, and proactively apply this knowledge to enhance our development processes and deliver top-notch solutions
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
Who You Are
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing Android applications, with a focus on Java or Kotlin
- Strong understanding of the Android ecosystem, architecture, and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of the Android UI framework, including XML layout design and custom view development
- Familiarity with the latest Android technologies, particularly Compose, and a passion for exploring and adopting new tools and frameworks
- Proficient in writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code, following best practices and industry standards
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and debug complex issues in Android applications
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and familiarity with collaborative development workflows (e.g., pull requests)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate across teams and clearly articulate technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, mentor junior team members, and make sound technical decisions
- Passion for staying up-to-date with the latest trends, advancements, and best practices in Android development
Spigot, Inc.Fort Myers, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.