Host at Superfrico - Steady Extra
- Posted: March 17, 2023
Spiegelworld is the planet's premier purveyor of submersive entertainment for savvy, seen-it-all adult audiences, proudly creating award-winning, genre-defying live entertainment experiences, smash-hit shows and one-of-a-kind cocktail and dining destinations powered by the world's most talented artists and artisans. Founded in 2006, Spiegelworld is a quirkforce of 550+ organizers, agitators, dreamers, doers, insiders, outsiders and iconoclasts of every flavor, on a mission to make the world a more art-filled, inspired and playful place, one unforgettable memory at a time.
The Host is responsible for greeting guests, providing accurate wait times and guiding guests to the dining and bar areas. The ideal candidate should have solid organizational and people skills to make sure our guests have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive till their departure. Ultimately, you'll ensure we provide excellent guest service as you help create an welcoming and energetic atmosphere that is sure to get their experience started off right.
Primary Job Duties
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Handle initial friendly reception to the guests upon arrival and provide a prompt courteous escort to a dining table.
- Provide exceptional service.
- Answer telephones and take reservations.
- Utilize the guest's name when applicable.
- Communicate with the manager, chef and server any pertinent information regarding a reservation.
- Maintain professional grooming and appearance and act as a role model according to established rotation procedure, distribute menus and introduce employees.
- Answer any guest questions and refer them, if necessary, to appropriate management employees.
- Monitor guests' needs, ensuring all requests are promptly fulfilled in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Make every effort to learn guest names and use names.
- Maintain professional rapport with marketing hosts and communicate needs to prioritize services.
- Demonstrate promptness, efficiency, and courteousness to guests in accordance with Spiegelworld standards.
- Keep abreast of all food & beverage venues and menus
- Using the table management system, manage incoming reservations and venue floor.
- Assist with daily administrative work as per direction of the venue manager.
- Operate as a member of a team: help others and request help as needed.
- Assist in the training of new employees as requested.
- Taking part in pre-service duties and applicable closing duties
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year experience as a host/hostess in a high volume restaurant. Previous experience working in an energetic, hospitality driven restaurant or nightlife venue is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- A highly motivated and energetic personality with a strong commitment to excellence in hospitality.
- Ability to anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests in a timely manner.
- Following a conditional offer of employment, able to show proof of being fully vaccinated, able to get vaccinated within 15 days, or have a qualifying medical or religious exception.
- Willing to participate in employer-paid COVID-19 Mitigation protocols which include weekly testing and onsite screening.
- Must have valid work authorization for the US
- At least 18 years of age.
Physical, Environmental & Other Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in high volume professional foodservice environment
- Must be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, flashing lights and air quality. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Constant contact with executives, department management, applicants, employees and guests is necessary.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing and mobility.
- Prolonged telephone usage.
- Requires bending and reaching.
- Requires transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Requires eye/hand coordination.
- Requires use of standard office equipment.
- Requires basic math.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Ability to comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (MSDS) and other instructions.
Union provided benefits. Spiegelworld is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to our eligible part-time employees. Benefits include vacation time & paid time off including holiday pay opportunities. What's more, Spiegelworld offers employee discounts on goods and services that will help our employees live a better and healthier life.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
TourismView all jobs at Spiegelworld
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?