Senior Tax Accountantposted:Thursday, September 12, 2019
Mandan, North Dakota
Accounting & Auditing (Business and Financial Operations Occupations)
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
US$ 50,000 - US$ 65,000 per year
Kathleen Toft, Spherion
Spherion Staffing is looking for a Senior Accountant to work with a local client in Bismarck! The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing all accounting- and tax-related tasks, including preparing business and personal income tax returns, reconciling accounts, general bookkeeping and payroll, and collecting and analyzing financial data.
Qualified applicants for the Senior Accountant position have a bachelor's degree in accounting, four or more years of accounting experience, and CPA designation.
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000, DOE
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and simple financial statements
- Reconcile accounts to control accounts
- Perform schedule computations of accruals, property and equipment, and calculate depreciation expense
- Prepare payroll tax, sales, or other business tax and personal income tax returns
- Assist in proofing financial statements, tax returns, and other documents
- Prepare compiled and reviewed financial statements
- Perform general bookkeeping, payroll, and business consultation
- Collect appropriate data for tax preparation
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, capital, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position
- Devise and implement systems for general accounting
- Document, modify, and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Take responsibility for all aspects of client accounts including meetings, presentations, and developing relationships
- Prepare spreadsheets, supervise projects, assign work, and perform other accounting and tax duties as needed
- Assist with training and mentoring staff
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or similar field
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience; corporate tax experience is preferred
- CPA designation is preferred
To be considered, please apply online at www.spherion.com/bismarck or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.