- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Repair Technician is responsible for the re-manufacture and repair activities of linear accelerators (linacs) that provide products. This is a direct hire opportunity - 1st shift, no nights NO weekends!
- Perform CNC machining operations in the Linac Repair Center
- Perform precision Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding of copper, Kovar, and stainless steel
- Investigation of field returns to decide what the failure was and what actions need to be taken for repair
- Assemble and disassemble linear accelerators in accordance with schedules, quality system requirements, procedures, and work instructions
- Use RF equipment for tuning linear accelerators
- Help in the development of manufacturing instructions that document and control the repair process
- Provide feedback to Engineering personnel concerning manufacturing needs and product enhancements that would improve both quality and ease of manufacturing/servicing of the product
- Assist in the timely resolution of safety and quality issues
- Interface and support regulatory affairs as required to help ensure production processes and facilities are following FDA, OSHA, and other applicable regulations
- Implement and use special facility controls that may be required
- Assist in the development of manufacturing tool and fixture requirements and promote ongoing control as needed
- Train manufacturing area personnel, as required
- Deploy product changes (ECOs) to ensure correct implementation as needed
- Assist in the development of facility requirements to accommodate production, including workflow, shelving, other storage, and workstations if needed
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Experience in precision TIG welding of medium- and thin-section stainless steel, copper, and Kovar
- Experience in ESD and cleanliness special control processes
- Experience in the operation of heavily documented and controlled production processes
- Experience with high voltage and RF equipment
- Knowledge of safety and health (OSHA), FDA, and ISO 9001 or similar quality system requirements
- Basis knowledge of CNC Machining
- Associate degree in production, manufacturing engineering, general engineering field, or at least three years of relevant experience working in manufacturing or engineering activities
- Experience in the interpretation and use of product design drawings and related documentation
- Experience in product testing and a good understanding of calibration control
- Experience with personal computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet reports, and email
- Well-developed mechanical skills including the ability to use hand and power tools
- Excellent, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail including the ability to follow manufacturing instructions and guidelines
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 pounds
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 pounds
Ability to stand for a long period of time
Experience with personal computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet reports, and email
Experience in precision TIG welding of medium- and thin-section stainless steel, copper, and Kovar
CNC machining experience
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Spherion
Get fresh Equipment Repair Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.