Join our client, Exact Sciences as they continue in the fight against COVID. We are looking for Medical Billing Associates who have experience in Medical Billing or Medical Claims Processing. This remote temporary position is expected to last 6 months.
- Perform patient insurance eligibility verification for all claims requiring follow-up.
- Data entry and corrections in the system including updates to permanent patient demographics.
- Processing and resolution of errors, rejections, and denials related to the submission of billing files.
- Research missing or erroneous information on orders including outreach and identification of unknown payors.
- Quickly and accurately post a high volume of patient, insurance, and/or Medicare payments both electronically and manually.
- Reconcile all batches to the deposit on a daily basis.
- Timely and accurate posting of all approved adjustments and refunds of overpayments.
- Process resubmissions and appeals for denied claims.
- Review Accounts Receivable Reports to identify problematic accounts/payors trends.
- Route write off requests for any uncollectible Accounts Receivable.
- Complete position responsibilities within the appropriate time frame while adhering to quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with all Company procedures and guidelines including, but not limited to, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Stay current with relevant medical billing guidelines.
- Identify issues with billing, coding, and reimbursement related to payments and communicate these to the supervisor.
- Provide ad-hoc support as necessary within the department (i.e. special projects, provide support due to outages/high volume).
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
- A positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with customers and peers at all levels of the organization.
- Disciplined, self-motivated, and reliable: able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Professional: conducts self in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences team, clients, and associates.
- Knowledge of health insurance terminology, governmental payers, managed care, and insurance organizations.
- MUST HAVE MEDICAL BILLING OR MEDICAL CLAIMS PROCESSING EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated ability to work in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- One to two years of experience in a medical provider setting or billing department within the health care industry.
- High School diploma or GED required some college coursework preferred
- You will be required to successfully complete all Epic Certification requirements with a score of 80% or higher. Exact Sciences will make reasonable accommodations available if necessary to assist an employee with a disability to satisfy this requirement.
Why Work Here?Since 1946, Spherion has placed millions of talented individuals in rewarding administrative, clerical, light industrial, customer service, non-clinical healthcare and professional jobs. Filling a broad mix of flexible, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions, Spherion is a trusted recruiting and staffing partner to more than 3,000 companies nationwide.
We find people jobs! We love what we do!