Legal Assistantposted:Thursday, November 07, 2019
College Station, Texas
Legal (Legal Occupations)
Temp to Perm
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
US$ 40,000 - US$ 45,000 per year
Spherion, a recognized leader in the staffing industry, is seeking a highly professional, experience Legal Assistant. This individual will be assisting a partner in a prestigious law firm. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, have a high attention to detail, possess excellent computer skills and be a proficient typist. Skills assessments will be administered.
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
- Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Proven working experience as legal assistant
- Computer literacy
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal certification or diploma, preferred but not required
After completing an application, text JOB to 979-846-7833 or give us a call to get an interview scheduled!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.