We're a dedicated team of thinkers, makers and doers held together by a passion for creativity. We build the software, tools and websites you use to drive business growth. Founded in 2000, Spherexx is recognized as an established leader for website, marketing and software development services. With offices located in Tulsa and Dallas, the company is distinguished as one of INC5000's fastest-growing companies.
We are looking for an experienced (5+ years) and passionate WordPress / PHP Developer (Expert) dedicated to their craft and ready to hit the ground running as part of our fast-paced team in an accelerated growth company. You will need to have a strong internal drive, a strong understanding of industry trends, and content management systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Primary web development resource for day to day internal marketing initiatives
- Develop responsive websites and/or web applications with a mobile-first approach
- Design and implement new website features and functionality to stay in alignment with market dynamics and industry trends
- Deliver high-performing and efficient web sites, pages and services
- Manage all day to day technical aspects of Content Management System
- Accountable for Q/C on WordPress initiatives/websites
- Support marketing team to perform SEO related development tasks in WordPress
- Participate in the design, coding, testing, and debugging of new or existing code
- Collaborate with front-end developers and graphic designers on user-facing elements
- Leverage best practices to develop modular, testable and efficient PHP code
- Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle and participate in cross-functional technology projects/initiatives
- Troubleshoot common transactional areas such as lead flow, attribution, and overall page/site performance
- Work with debugging tools to account for technical needs of sites, apps, and integrations with high volume traffic
- Write HTML and CSS modifications ensuring consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Work independently and prioritizing work schedule to meet project deadlines
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years developing WordPress websites/PHP
- Excellent performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to develop custom themes using Photoshop, Sketch, and Invision files
- Experience working with REST APIs, Ajax and JSON
- At least 5 years in PHP back-end development
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- In-depth understanding of OOAD principles and UML diagramming
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture and unit testing
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and SEO/Tag Management principles
- Experience with code versioning tools such as GIT, GitHub or BitBucket
Benefits and Perks
Spherexx offers a highly competitive time-off package, FREE primary healthcare for employees + families available on the first day of employment, competitive (employer subsidized) medical insurance package offered after the 60th day of full-time employment in addition to dental, vision, and life insurance, on-site fitness center, media center, indoor basketball court, full-service coffee bar, and many more office perks.
Why Work Here?Spherexx.com® is an award-winning, software development company AND full service advertising agency that serves thousands of clients nationally. We're a dedicated team of thinkers, makers and doers held together by a passion for creativity. We build the software, tools and websites used to drive business growth.
Award-Winning Agency with Room for Your Professional Growth!