About The Company
Sphere, powered by TrustCommerce, is a leading provider of end-to-end integrated payments, security software, payments gateway and merchant acquiring products and services. Sphere serves a variety of companies from large, complex enterprises to small local businesses across a range of end-markets, including healthcare, restaurant, retail, parking, education, transportation, and insurance. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
The Operations Manager is a vital member of the operations team responsible for enabling the integrated payments business at the heart of Sphere. Within Operations, you will partner with our external vendors, along with your peers in Sales, Product, Development, Finance, and other cross-functional areas as part of a continuous feedback loop, so that we can deliver the best possible experience for all customers.
The role of the Operations Manager is to provide leadership, direction and promote a positive Sphere culture throughout the organization. Collaboration across all departments is critical to the success of this role. Responsibilities for the Operations Manager will include specific assignments in supporting the management of the portfolio, leading and directing a team, maintaining and creating documentation for department processes and procedures and providing operational reporting. Focusing on operational efficiencies to reduce risk, improve throughput and workflow, reduce costs and drive higher profitability with a target to exceed our internal and external customer expectations.
- Collaborate with leadership to further develop the Operations team into a high performing organization by defining, executing, and communicating operational processes, standards, and best practices that work flawlessly and minimize firefighting.
- Will own one or more key operational functions and manage all operational components of those – including execution, escalation, and reporting.
- Design and monitor reports and dashboards that capture insights into our business and department through KPIs, leading and lagging indicators, visualizations, and early warning mechanisms.
- Partner with the team to identify gaps, examine opportunities, and model improvements against speed, cost, and acceptance.
- Collaborate with the management team to define and refine critical operational tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues.
- Own issues from beginning to end, working with internal and external resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
- Support company projects as a subject matter expert on operational matters.
- Manage and achieve retention / attrition goals including reporting of analysis to management; conducting customer outreach, establish relationships with top merchants and retain processing merchant accounts.
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- Have a working knowledge of payments and payment methods such as processing, interchange, equipment, billing and reporting. Experience with payment processing platform(s) is required (examples: TSYS, FirstData, Elavon, etc.).
- Interpersonal Skills - maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to adopt and implement new concepts, able to collaborate with others to achieve personal and team objectives and goals
- Planning/organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic expectations
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates composure and confidence in individual and group settings
- Written Communication - edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information
- Quality control - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability - is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred
- Prior proven leadership experience in fast paced customer focused environment
- Solid data analytics preparation and analysis skills
- Understanding of new and relevant customer/technical support services and retention techniques
- 5+ years in the payments / financial services industry
- Strong customer service skills and an ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment
- Solutions and result oriented
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment
- Flexibility in performing duties aligned to fast changing priorities
This job operates in a professional, yet casual and fast paced and demanding office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. Occasional lifting will be required as well.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Core office hours will be 8 hours within the range of hours. Depending on assigned responsibilities or projects, some nights and weekends will be required.
Some travel may be expected for this position.
Why Work Here?Sphere, powered by TrustCommerce, is a leading provider of end-to-end integrated payments, security software, payments gateway and merchant acquiring products and services. Sphere serves a variety of companies from large, complex enterprises to small local businesses across a range of end-markets, including healthcare, restaurant, retail, parking, education, transportation, and insurance. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
Dynamic, fast paced enviornment with room for growth!