THIS IS A HEAVY TRAVEL POSITION - MUST BE WILLING TO BE AWAY FROM HOME FOR MINIMUM OF 3 MONTHS AT A TIME. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN'T COMMIT TO TRAVEL!!!
Sperry Rail Inc. - The World Leader in Rail Flaw Detection!
Sperry is making the world a safer place by providing non-destructive testing services and products to the railroad industry, across the globe. We are committed to our employees and provide many opportunities for training, development and advancement.
Our highly trained professionals go through rigorous training that exceeds industry standards. As the largest railroad testing company of its kind, Sperry is able to deploy extensive resources and technologies to meet virtually any clients requirement, worldwide.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for the proper operation of all flaw detection equipment and detector car personnel assigned to that operation, with focus on achieving maximum performance. Safety, quality, and cost control are the primary objectives, while maintaining direct relationship with the customer.
- Responsible for performing reporting procedures required by the company and customer.
- Assist Field Management with employee performance evaluations.
- Prepare proper documentation of operational and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate testing schedule with customer, allocate timeframe for appropriate vehicle maintenance.
- Report all transfers of equipment between customers in a timely manner to the customer and Danbury.
- Operate and maintain rail flaw detector vehicles under the general direction of Field Managers.
- Coordinate and plan all details involved in scheduled test program.
- Perform all functions of flaw detection processes, including data interpretation, hand testing, and flaw classification.
- Enter required data into DCS reporting system.
- Operate test in conformance with established equipment parameters, values, and calibrations.
- Maintain expected standard of productivity without compromising quality or system integrity.
- Comply with Sperry Management approved, specific customer procedures and guidelines regarding flaw detection.
- Supervise, lead and train assigned personnel according to established Company and management guidelines, ensure compliance of policies and procedures concerning detector car operation and rail flaw detection, while maintaining discipline and morale.
- Responsible for the training and progression of detector car subordinates to assure availability of qualified personnel in all phases of operations.
- Instruct crew members in proper maintenance procedures. Responsible to assure all maintenance is performed in a safe manner.
- Assign and supervise regularly scheduled maintenance operations such as PM servicing, DOT Inspections, hi-rail inspections, etc., to assure proper equipment operation, maximum life, and lowest cost.
- Maintain equipment in a condition sufficient to satisfy scheduled RR test cycles, while maintaining production levels established by contract.
- Maintain standard inventory at a sufficient level to reduce down time. Expedite the return of critical inventory to Shelton, CT for repair to reduce costs.
- Report any unusual or serious condition of equipment immediately to Shelton, CT for recommendations.
- Maintain an organized and clean detector car.
- Assist field and Shelton, CT maintenance personnel, perform trouble shooting and repairs to equipment.
- Enforce Company safety policy at all times. Establish on-track safety qualifications of all employees; supervise movement of car on RR property.
- Comply with any specific safety rule that is dictated by the customer.
- Comply with and provide instruction to fellow crew members concerning all policies, guidelines, and procedures specific to the customer.
- Exercise diplomacy and cooperation at all times with RR personnel.
- Report in detail any complaints by RR personnel to Field Management immediately.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
· Education: High School Diploma/GED
· Experience: Operator
· Skills/Qualifications: Solid understanding of rail testing, maintenance and repair of test vehicle.
- Successfully Complete Chief Operator School
- Pass Chief Operator’s Test
- UX Level II Certification
- Skills/Competencies: Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Maintain a relationship with the customer and follow up on all customer complaints. Always maintain a professional and positive attitude toward employees and customers.
· Reports to Manager of Field Operations.
· Interacts with car personnel and managers.
· Interacts with customers personnel.
· Interacts across departmental boundaries.
· Scope: Actions may have impact on customer relationships and financial condition of the Company.