Apartment Maintenance Technician
Spero Jersey City, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor as well as the Property Manager and is responsible for ensuring that the physical aspect of the apartment community meets company standards and applicable laws. Diagnose problems and makes repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance.
Essential Job Duties:
• Ability to commit to a 24 hour on call schedule established by the Supervisor. While on call, must respond by telephone within 15 minutes and begin repair work within 30 minutes of determining emergency situation. Overtime may be required as needed.
• Must be available on notice in the event of snow and ice and other on-site emergencies. Position requires snow removal, shoveling and salting.
• Make-ready vacant units as required including but not limited to, repair of necessary appliances, flooring, drywall, paint any other construction or maintenance, trash removal, repairs, cleaning carpets, etc.
• Responsible for maintaining grounds and common areas including picking up trash, sweeping sidewalks/driveways, watering trees & shrubs, cleaning offices, hallways, restrooms, lounge areas, stairways, pool area, etc.
• Repair concrete, molding, masonry, roof, broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposal, fixture and fencing if and when required.
• Perform work order/service requests within 24 hours of initial call.
• Perform repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets circuits etc.
• Carry out preventative maintenance by performing 'tests', on all property equipment (to include electrical, plumbing and heating) and listen for unusual sounds from equipment, detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variation with supervisor or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair on machine.
• Mount, install and maintain all fire extinguisher and smoke detectors.
• Assist in inspection of property
• Be familiar with the location of gas and water meter cut off, all apartment cut off and sewer clean outs.
• Test all lock doors and key sets.
• Paint interior and exterior.
• Be able to work as a team and independently and help others both at the site and other sites and be flexible in transferring to other local regional sites if required.
• Responsible for daily cleanup of Maintenance Shop and assist in maintenance of maintenance materials and supplies.
• Attentive and cautious with regards to the overall security of the property, keeping all keys, including master keys, in your watchful possession never to be handed to any unauthorized person including vendors and contractors.
• Ability to report and give account of any incidents occurring on the site to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
• Responsible for bringing tools to utilize on site for maintenance repairs.
• Any other duties as assigned
• HS Diploma/GED OR 1-year related experience required
• HVAC Certified
• CFC - Chlorofluorocarbon Certificate
• Valid drivers’ license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
SperoWhy Work Here?
Spero is experiencing growth and we would love to have you along for the ride!
Spero is made up of a team of experienced recruiting professionals dedicated to matching talented people like yourself with challenging roles and opportunities. Every day, we share resources, knowledge, experiences and a company culture built on going above and beyond to deliver on our promises. We also share an unbeatable work ethic, and a passion for exceeding expectations.
AddressJersey City, NJ