Sr Credit & Collection Specialist
Spencer Turbine Company Windsor, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
Sr. Credit and Collections Specialist
The Credit and Collections Specialist will be primarily responsible for collecting outstanding accounts receivable dollars through assertive, but sensitive, direct phone contact and email with customers. The ideal candidate will be skilled in oral and written communication, with an emphasis on providing a high level of customer service and will have prior experience collecting on accounts in a Manufacturing industry. Additionally, one week of each month this role will assist the billing department in the creation of billing documents.
- Responsible for collections and analysis for multi-company structure
- Review credit applications and establish credit for new or returning customers in accordance with company policies.
- Respond to inquiries, research and resolve concerns or discrepancies, and resolve customer disputes in a pleasant and respectful manner. Correspond with customers as needed, on a regular, consistent, and ongoing basis.
- Maintain accounts receivable database, including proper customer maintenance, billing address, billing frequency, etc.
- Be familiar with customer contracts with regards to billing and finance aspects to ensure proper and timely invoicing and payment.
- Strive to minimize Days Sales Outstanding, bad debt write-offs and maximize cash receipts while being sensitive to the needs/requirements of both internal and external customers
- Research delinquent accounts and resolve customer billing issues in a timely manner to expedite cash flow and minimize accounts receivable delinquency.
- Determine reasons for overdue payments and negotiate resolutions within company guidelines.
- Educate customers on keeping their accounts current.
- Heavy focus on continuous improvement activities within the billing and collection process in order to avoid future billing and collections issues.
- Participate in regular meetings with Management to review customer accounts and seek input on proposed collection activities. Prepare Past Due A/R reports and analysis for management on a regular basis.
- Participate and contribute as a project team member to all special finance projects as deemed necessary
- Collaborate with all divisions in order to facilitate and maintain healthy, longstanding relationships with customer base.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities may include:
- Consolidate multiple pieces of data to a single document to be presented to our clients for payment (invoice).
- Deliver invoices to clients via email/fax and/or standard mail services
- Process commission statements weekly to ensure proper agent payments
- Filing documents
- Minimum of 3- 5 years' experience in Corporate Credit & Collections required.
- Ability to interact with customers and team members in a professional and courteous manner.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an emphasis on utilizing persuasive communication skills while providing excellent customer service.
- Positive, self-motivated, and ready-to-learn attitude.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgement while remaining within company policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working in manufacturing or construction industry preferred.
The Spencer Turbine Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Spencer Turbine Company
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Spencer Turbine Company