The Senior Real Estate Manager is responsible for securing the Company’s temporary real estate portfolio in the assigned territory, implementation of the real estate market strategy and manages deal flow to achieve the plan. During the months of August to September Spirit Halloween opens/operates over 1300 temporary stores in the United States and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide oversight and management of temporary Halloween stores opening processes, including timely verifying business points on all deals and executing LOI’s/Temporary leases, to ensure delivery of new stores
2. Implementation of the market strategy to ensure the ideal store deployment for that season as well as the optimal balance between occupancy cost, store count and sales potential.
3. Manage landlords, developers, and third-party broker/vendor relationships. Ensure productive and effective relationships with internal departments as well as a strong partnership with the store operations team.
4. Deal directly with developers and/or brokers and Landlords in order to ensure the best possible leasing terms while maintaining and excellent business relationship.
5. Maintain excellent records of past deals to ensure that knowledge/information can be called on to better future positioning and deals.
6. Address and resolve questions and challenges from developers and property managers regarding our stores and resolve any problems.
7. Travel to meet with developers, property managers, gain market knowledge and attend local deal making meetings.
8. Assist the field team with various store related issues and act as support in resolving maintenance matters, zoning compliance, etc.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good computer experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) .
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Regional knowledge of Strip center real estate.
· Strong relationships in Retail Real Estate Industry
· Strong analytical and negotiations skills
· Experience to be able to perform job duties without waiting for guidance.
· Must have a strong sense of urgency
· Ability to work independently from a remote office.
· Ability to travel frequently (must have valid Driver's license and access to airport)
· Temporary lease experience