Assistant Deposit Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for assisting the Deposit Operations Manager with the control, monitoring and performance of all Retail deposit processes and products, including Demand and Time Deposits, Retirement Plans, Tenant Security accounts, IOLTA accounts and daily production channels including in-clearing, transit, funds transfer, wires, statement production, return item processing and product/rate changes. Assist with the development and revision of operating procedures. Identifies training needs and provides staff training and coaching. Assumes overall responsibility of the Deposit Operations department in the absence of the Deposit Operations Manager.
- Manages and oversees the day-to-day operations of the bank’s Item and ACH Processing, Wire Processing, Escrow systems (IOLTA / Tenant Security / Attorney and non-Attorney Escrow), Retail Statements / Customer Notices, and IRA processing.
- Assists with overseeing the operations of the ATM/ITM Network, POS claims/investigations ATM/Debit card production.
- Provide and manage support for all Deposit Operation functions including problem escalation and resolution with internal teams and system vendors.
- Assist the Deposit Operations Manager with developing, recommending, implementing, updating, and administering Deposit Operations’ policies and procedures taking into account changing government regulations, new technologies and services while ensuring high operational standards and an extraordinary customer experience.
- Oversee and manage the Bank’s escheatment process.
- Direct day-to-day processing activities: ensure staffing and scheduling are appropriate.
- Assist with leading the department staff by overseeing employee’s performance to ensure conformance to operating procedures and regulations and provide consistent monthly coaching & training. Implement the performance management process in a timely manner when applicable.
- Provide support for all Departmental functions: problem escalation, new product/process implementation, staff training.
- Recommend and develop new methods and procedures to ensure efficient operations.
- Manage the Department Self-Audit process and ensure that daily proofs are completed.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure best possible customer experience.
- Performs other duties as required.
Associate degree in Business or related preferred or a combination of education and experience.
Minimum 6 years bank operations or equivalent experience with at least 3 in a supervisory or management role.
Excellent communication, organizational and problem resolution skills required.
Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills required.
Excellent ability to motivate, develop, supervise, and train subordinates
Proficiency in Branch Automation, Management Information Systems, and the Core Processor systems
Knowledge of NACHA rules and regulations and other regulations (Reg E)
Proficiency with various software programs including word processing, spreadsheet and banking software required
Ability to analyze and make competent decisions corresponding to level of authority
Ability to prioritize multiple projects and complete them on time
Demonstrated problem solving ability
Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments to completion.
Spencer Savings Bank
AddressElmwood Park, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at Spencer Savings Bank
Get fresh Depository jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.