Spektrum have a wide range of exciting opportunities in several global locations.
We are always looking to add great new talent to our team and look forward to hearing from you.
Spektrum supports apex purchasers (NATO, UN, EU and National Government and Defence) and their Tier 1 supplier ecosystem with a wide range of specialist services. We provide our clients with professional services, specialised aerospace and defence sales, delivery, and operational subject matter expertise. We are looking for personnel to join our team and support key client projects.
Who we support
Allied Command Transformation (ACT) is NATO's leading agent for change: driving, facilitating, and advocating the continuous improvement of Alliance capabilities to maintain and enhance the military relevance and effectiveness of the Alliance. The main objectives of ACT are: providing appropriate support to NATO missions and operations; leading NATO military transformation; improving relationships, interaction and practical cooperation with partners, nations and international organisations. ACT therefore leads Alliance concept development, capability development, training and lessons learned initiatives and provides unfettered military support to policy development within NATO.
Capability Development & Management Support (CDMS)
DCOS Capability Development (CAPDEV) acts as the Supreme Allied Commander Transformation's Director for guidance, direction and co-ordination of the activities and resources of the Capability Development Directorate. CAPDEV is responsible to:
Identify and prioritize Alliance capability shortfalls from short to long term, along a continuum of holistic capability development.
Lead the determination of required capabilities and prioritization of shortfalls to inform the delivery of materiel and non-materiel solutions across the Doctrine, Organisation, Training, Material, and Leadership, Personnel, Facilities and Interoperability (DOTMLPFI) lines of effort to enable a holistic approach to capability development, ensuring improved interoperability, deployability and sustainability of Alliance Forces.
As part of an adapted organisational structure, ACT is in the process of implementing an improved capability requirements capture process, including the support for traceability, quality assurance, analysis and interoperability standards, to ensure a clear separation between the requirements owner and the solution provider. This process will provide through life traceability and ensure the quality of the requirements using an efficient change management process. ACT will be responsible for tasks such as capability requirements definition, requirements management, systems engineering, architecture development, holistic through life cycle management, capability acceptance, Capability Programme management.
The outputs of the adapted structure are formed from requirements, portfolio, programme and project management principles and practices that enable the direction of capability programmes and a range of projects in a transparent through lifecycle capability approach.
They include comprehensive traceable capability requirements that have been assessed and analysed for alternative solutions and quality assured to provide interoperability, and the delivery of multi-domain and multi-functional C4ISR focused programmes.
Role Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform modelling, architecture and design activities to ensure completeness, consistency and clarity of requirements related
- Produce relevant NATO Architecture Framework (NAF) perspectives in support to capability design and requirement
- Support the elicitation, capture, development, analysis, evaluation and traceability of capability
- Support the elicitation, capture, development, analysis, evaluation and traceability of higher and lower level requirements (such as capability targets, operational requirements, system specifications, interoperability requirements, etc.).
- Support Programme and Project planning activities to ensure that the dependencies between architecture and the other elements of the plans are understood and taken into consideration.
- Coordinate and contribute to the activities of Requirements Development Core Teams in support of the tasks
- Maintain the architectural artefacts in their repositories ensuring version and configuration
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring in the area of architecture to requirements
- Support the development, analysis and review of concepts of operation, courses of action and
- Coordinate DOTMLPFI development and implementation synchronization; support the development of recommended courses of action to resolve issues relating capability development.
- Organise and participate to workshops, seminars, conferences and meetings in support of the activities
- Collaborate with National and international military and civilian organizations, including Centres of Excellence and academia, in support of the activities above.
- Identify Lessons and contribute to their Learning within the
- Support to other requirements management activities across the capability
- Support to change and configuration management of requirements across the
- Support the coordination of architecture related products with Management and
- Support the Branch Head CR and travel to meetings and conferences both within and outside NATO's boundaries for up to 30 days per year.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5 years in the last 10 in the field of architecture development to include development of business, application, information, and technology architectures in accordance with TOGAF methodology (Alliance C3 policy on enterprise Architecture C- M(2015)0041-REV1, dated 25 April 2016).
- One or more Enterprise Architecture related certifications such as the ones required to support the US JCIDS Process or the equivalent from other Nations, or the ones recognised by leading organizations in the field such as the TOGAF 9 (The Open Group).
- A University Degree in engineering, information systems, operations research, project management or disciplines related to enterprise architecture (bidding contractor company must demonstrate how the degree relates to architecture design).
- Demonstrable recent (i.e. in the last 10 years) experience in procurement programs in the defence sector. In particular, experience in participation to Programme/Project boards, development of decision support briefings, studies of best procurement alternatives, and risk management.
- Demonstrable recent (i.e. in the last 10 years) experience in developing architecture in accordance with formal configuration and change management processes. In particular, participation in change configuration boards, development of engineering change impact analysis, and version control of baselines.
- Demonstrable recent (i.e. in the last 10 years) experience in development or exploitation of Enterprise or Capability level Architectures in support of defence procurement.
- Knowledge of project management principles and demonstrated success in applying them to deliver In particular, experience in initiation and management of programmes and projects, development of exception and routine reports, and management of work breakdown packages.
- Program and Project Management related certifications such as MSP and PRINCE2, or, preferably, PMP and
- Demonstrable recent (i.e. in the last 10 years) experience working in support of processes that were formally certified in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard.
- Quality related certifications such as the ones provided by CQI-
- Demonstrable recent (i.e. in the last 10 years) experience in applying Operational Research techniques in support of Analysis of Alternatives, trade-off studies and Course of Action comparisons. Experience should include techniques like hypothesis testing, MCDA, experimentation, wargaming and simulation.
- (Norfolk, VA, USA)
- Some travel to other NATO sites may be required
- May 2023 – Dec 2027
- Valid National or NATO personal security clearance
- Professional English
- Demonstrated proficiency in English as defined in STANAG 6001 (Standardized Linguistic Profile (SLP) 3333 - Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing) or equivalent.
We never know what new opportunities might be just over the horizon. If this opportunity isn't for you please feel free to send us your resume anyway and be the first to know if something suitable for your skills and experience comes up.
Spektrum GroupNorfolk, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.