Technical Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sonoma Raceway is a key location in the Speedway Motorsports nationwide network of entertainment venues. Speedway Motorsports maintains a consistent focus on four core principles:
- Take care of our teammates
- Be known for remarkable events
- Make a positive impact on the community
- Profitably improve our business and operations
He/She will be expected to have a GLOBE mentality. GLOBE stands for Generously Lending Our Best Efforts. This is done by holding themselves and their teammates accountable for taking our best practices “the last mile” – optimizing them for maximum value to all stakeholders while sharing insights on how to improve our company.
Position Responsibility and Requirements:
The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in technology or have equivalent experience. Occasional after-hours and event weekend availability is a requirement. Applicants with travel flexibility are preferred.
- Day-to-day IT support for approximately 50 employees, including individual employee/office technology support as well as conference room set-ups.
- Installing and updating software across the facility, in multiple locations.
- Responding to any security events, and counsel on existing security systems.
- Supporting VOIP phone systems.
- Repairing and replacing hardware.
- Working with on-site staff on track rental client needs.
- Working with remote staff on networking and server maintenance and installation of any new technologies..
- Configuring Apple and Android mobile products.
- Physical ability to move heavy items.
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively.
- A positive, solutions based approach and customer and client service attitude required.
Specific experience in these areas is beneficial:
- Network experience preferred, specifically with Cisco, VMWare or Ubiquiti.
- Microsoft Server products including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Print Server Exchange, or SQL.
- Cloud services including Box.com, AWS, Okta, Wasabi, Barracuda, or Cloudflare.
- Project management or planning for minimal interruption.
- Momentum VOIP and Polycom handsets.
- Any industry certifications will be considered.
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and other insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation and paid holidays
Who we are:
Sonoma Raceway is situated in the Sonoma Valley and hosts the best in motorsports entertainment, including the NASCAR Cup Series, NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series, vintage car racing, and more. The facility boasts a world-class road course, as well as a quarter-mile drag strip. In addition, the raceway hosts a variety of annual community and fundraising events (www.SonomaRaceway.com, @RaceSonoma, facebook.com/RaceSonoma).
Sonoma Raceway is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (if desired) to:
TechnologyView all jobs at Speedway Motorsports
Get fresh Network Technical Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.