- Posted: 25 days ago
Property: Nashville Superspeedway
- Creative Director, Speedway Motorsports (Charlotte)
- Dotted line: Director of Marketing, Nashville Superspeedway
Speedway Motorsports and its motorsports and entertainment facilties are top-tier leaders in motorsports-based entertainment and is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic graphic designer to join the Creative Services department to work alongside a team of designers and video professionals to develop best in class designs that help achieve our business goals and enhance the our guests experience.
Our company maintains a consistent focus on four core principles:
- Take care of our teammates
- Be known for remarkable events
- Make a positive impact on the community
- Profitably improve
The Graphic Designer must hold themselves and their team accountable for taking our best practices “the last mile” – optimizing them for maximum value to your teammates, customers, and corporate clients while sharing insights on how to improve our company.
The Graphic Designer will also be expected to maintain an active role on Speedway Motorsports “task force” teams to help improve overall corporate effectiveness and efficiencies with specific responsibilities.
- Involved in day-to-day design for all departments from marketing and digital, sales, merchandise, operations, to partnerships, etc.
- Work on projects including, but not limited to, design for brand development, logo creation, mobile experiences, digital engagement, email and web promotions as well as social media design
- Be the champion for each track’s specific brand, and more broadly, the Speedway Motorsports brand and positioning
- Provide dynamic, innovative and ground breaking creative that drives sales and helps accomplish organizational goals
- Manage multiple projects, producing quality designs on-time with a high standard of quality
- Degree from an accredited institution with an emphasis in graphic design, visual communications or marketing
- At least 2-3 years experience as a creative professional; experience in sports and/or entertainment a plus
- Motion graphics experience a plus
- Must present a portfolio of work that represents a diverse creative skill set including logo design, photo editing, advertising campaign, etc.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Well-developed editing work flow
- Experience with photography and Lightroom
- Interest in, and understanding of pop culture and how it relates to creation of engaging digital content
- Must be resourceful and action-oriented – to work independently as well as within a team
- Self-starter/multi-tasker, creative, and excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule including special events, race weekends and when necessary, holidays.
- Comfortable working within tight timelines.
- Applicant must be willing and able to travel to other SM venues and events.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Speedway Motorsports
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?