Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Intern
- Posted: over a month ago
**Seeking Interns for Spring/Summer 2023** - Part-Time remote positions available in select states.
Are you looking for an internship where you’ll learn a variety of things? Do you want an opportunity to grow your skills while still going to school? Are you a quick learner and want to contribute to strategic business objectives? Are you currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in Business or Advertising?
If you answered “YES!”, then our Digital Strategy Team is looking for you!
We believe strongly in our company values of working together as One Team, always Choosing Positivity, putting People First, You Have a Voice to speak up, and we are Driven to Succeed. If these values align with who you are and you want to join our dynamic team, then we’d love to chat with you!
As our SEO Intern you will have the opportunity to learn and contribute towards a variety of digital marketing disciplines: content marketing, content creation, long-tail keyword research, crawl budget optimization, website architecture/linking, website analytics tools, crawler log file analysis, on-page optimization, A/B testing, search merchandising, and more!
Here are the specifics:
- Interact with the Ecommerce, Marketing, and Merchandising teams to support search engine optimization projects and provide input into, and assist with, the implementation of SEO initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels.
- Provide constant analysis of the elements and structure of our eCommerce website, identify optimization opportunities, and recommend or implement improvements.
- Perform keyword research to assist with optimizing existing content and identify new opportunities.
- Develop content in coordination with established SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
- Assist with evaluating the effectiveness of existing link-building campaigns and implement new campaigns.
- Identify and use various technical resources to learn SEO industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Assist with the creation of technical documentation for SEO strategies, best practices, internal solutions, and third-party integrations.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we will provide:
- Work will be performed remotely, with flexible hours.
- We’re open to full-time (during the summer) and part-time (during the semester) work.
- Comprehensive training.
- Team-centric culture, with a lean startup mentality, backed by a 70-year-old company.
- Opportunity to utilize your strengths and be creative
In March 2020 we moved the majority of our office roles to full-time work-from-home to protect our workforce and their families.
Remote work opportunities can be performed in these states: Nebraska, Wisconsin, Florida, Indiana, Georgia, Ohio, Illinois, Texas, West Virginia, Arizona, and Michigan.
What we’re looking for:
- Prefer the candidate to be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in a related field (usually Marketing or Advertising).
- Passion for learning eCommerce best practices and strategy development
- Passion for learning how an eCommerce website is built, maintained, and optimized
- Passion for learning eCommerce analytics
- Exceptional analytical, organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional reading, writing, and oral communication (English) skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and work effectively under deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience in website content creation a plus.
- Experience using any online website analytics/keyword tools a plus (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, KeywordTool.io, etc.).
- Familiarity with any Atlassian products a plus (JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
If this sounds like you, we would love to join our Speedway Motors Family! Please include your resume and cover letter to help us get to know you better.
Speedway Motors Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Speedway Motors Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?