CDL LTL Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: CDL LTL Driver
Purpose: Drive a tractor-trailer combination or straight truck to deliver and pick up palletized freight and/or large shipments.
Full-time position, Monday-Friday, 1st shift starting at 7:30AM. On average, 10 hours of overtime each week. Paid time and a half after 40 hours worked per week. All routes are home daily. Starting wage: $23.00 per hour.
- Conduct a pre-trip inspection of vehicle before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Deliver palletized freight in a timely manner to customers and pick up freight from shippers
- Verify all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Collect payments for shipments as necessary and return bills of lading to the office for billing purposes
- Turn in pre-trip form and complete mileage and maintenance forms
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and company safety policies
- Wash exterior of tractor and equipment daily
- Assist other drivers with loading, delivery, or pick up as needed.
- Must have a current or valid CDL Class-A license with doubles and triples endorsements
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical and lift up to 100 pounds occasionally and 50lbs repetitively
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to operate a manual transmission
- Ability to complete some overhead lifting is required
- Ability to read maps
- Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Must be willing to drive in inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to work independently and make quick decisions
Special Considerations for Position:
Work environment requires time spent outdoors in changing weather elements as well as in a vehicle. May involve other hazards pertaining to road conditions and vehicle operation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Spee-Dee Delivery Service
AddressSioux Falls, SD
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Spee-Dee Delivery Service