Business Title: Mgr, Store
Posting Location: United States - Wisconsin - West Bend
Posting Job Description: JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for building a highly successful sales, retention and customer care culture inside their store. Actively and consistently supports efforts of their teams to engage customers in a retail environment and drive the sale of Spectrum product and services. Consistently demonstrates excellent leadership and coaching skills to create a motivated work environment where employees can excel.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads an Assistant Manager and team of sales professionals, motivating and engaging them to meet and exceed their sales goals and customer care metrics, while delivering a clean, organized and fully operational retail experience for all customers and employees.
- Ensures sales teams are retaining customers through positive customer relationship building, diffusing customer escalations, utilizing strong listening skills and probing techniques to overcome objections and save/upgrade customers.
- Ensures their store meet Spectrum brand and merchandising expectations and that a thriving culture of customer care exists at their store locations.
- Responsible for new product and merchandising launches within their scope of responsibility.
- Utilizes strong assessment skills to continually inspect everything from the sales behaviors to the product knowledge of their assistant manager and sales teams and partners with leadership on change efforts as needed.
- Proactively identifies issues, builds action plans and seeks opportunities to grow their business and increase customer satisfaction.
- Provides subject matter expertise on all store functions, including the Spectrum Store Customer Experience (SSCE), Spectrum products, pricing plans, promotions, service features and visual standards, as well as those of competitors.
- Consistently meets or exceeds operational and expense management standards, including store appearance, inventory and appropriate levels of staffing, while minimizing or eliminating losses to the company in their location.
- In partnership with Area Manager, builds employee engagement and a high performing team by recruiting, training and retaining the best talent within their span of control.
- Provides coaching, feedback and directions to their teams to empower them to achieve their key performance metrics through multiple forums; one-on-ones, team huddles and department meetings.
- Creates an environment of continuous learning, role playing and development where employees are able to enhance their skills and maximize their potential and success through coaching, training, and objective performance management, including the progressive discipline process.
- Maintains strong working relationships with leadership, the operations team and peers, working as a team to build a culture of success.
- Implements and enforces cash management policy, work order controls and completing timely audits of their Spectrum store.
- Provides guidance, monitors and manages strict enforcement of all company policies and procedures, including active participation in Charter's EEO program.
- Evaluates and analyzes the impact of business events on their Spectrum Store activity, responds accordingly and provides leadership with frequent updates on key events.
- Assists with Area Manager functions and performs other duties as requested by management necessary.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers and suppliers, in person, on the phone and by written communication in a clear, straight-forward and professional manner
- Proven ability to build a strong sales culture and high-performing team, while demonstrating strong customer orientation
- Build good partnerships within all areas of the organization by exhibiting excellent interpersonal leadership, influencing and presentation skills
- Significant time working inside a destination-style shopping environment
- A proven ability to lead others and motivate them to succeed in a goal and incentive based work environment
- Solid experience in launching and managing multiple projects simultaneously and providing status updates on their success
- History of identifying trends and risk and effectively communicating those to their leaders
- Detail oriented and a good problem solver
- Ability to prioritize, organize effectively and work independently
- Proven ability to handle change management