The Spectrum Business Telesales Representative position is an Outbound Telemarketing Sales position within the Spectrum Business team. Individuals in this position are responsible for understanding Spectrum Business products and services (Internet, Voice & Video) for the purpose of selling to new acquisition prospects and upselling existing Spectrum Business customers via outbound calling in a call center environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively sell Charter products and services to new and existing prospects.
- Consistently achieve a monthly sales quota by adding new lines of service (Primary Service Units; PSUs).
- Meet established activity targets and key performance indicators, including outbound calls per day, follow up calls, quotes sent, sales, and connects, etc.
- Handle all prospects with courtesy and professionalism; Establish and maintain a high level of prospect satisfaction in all interactions.
- Act as a product consultant when promoting, recommending and selling the value of Spectrum Business products and services.
- Inform prospects of our product pricing model and Spectrum Business’ competitive advantage compared to other service providers.
- Effectively balance new lead generation versus follow up efforts. Create a strong follow up plan that will allow for greater efficiency and increased sales conversion rates.
- Ensure database information is accurate and complete.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to listen and interpret the needs of the prospect.
- Ability to conduct a needs analysis (consultative approach), overcome objections, develop a strong sales pitch and effectively close sales.
- Ability to show proper judgement and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple prospects, pay close attention to detail, respond quickly to changing business needs and prioritize and organize effectively even when volume and workload exceed expectations.
- Ability to effectively use and multitask with a personal computer; utilize job-specific software applications (e.g., CSG, ICOMS, Salesforce, survey software) and other office equipment such as telephone/dialer, headset, copier, fax and calculator.
- Must effectively work independently as well as with others
- Knowledge of commercial internet, video and data and telephone products and services.
- Proficient in MS Office and related software applications.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
Related Work Experience
2+ years Customer Service and/or Telecommunication Sales Experience
1+ years ICOMS and/or CSG work experience, or experience with similar billing software.
Office work environment where employee may need to be seated for long periods of time while using a telephone headset and computer.
Exposure to moderate noise levels.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter is currently the second largest cable provider in the United States. The company has achieved growth through innovation and acquisitions of cable properties, most recently completing transactions with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks.
The Charter name comes from the founding of Charter Communications, Inc. in 1993 and, while the company has grown and evolved on many levels over the past two decades, our roots take us all the way back to the early days of cable. What started as mom-and-pop businesses with cable strung from hilltops to homes in the late 1940s has evolved into the dynamic cable industry we know today.
Spectrum is America's fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We are committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and products. Spectrum is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 26 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Spectrum's business strategy and it's the philosophy that guides our 91,000 employees.
At Spectrum, we value our employees and recognize outstanding individual contributions. As part of our Residential Sales team, you will be rewarded for your performance AND receive a steady salary.
The more you sell, the closer you become to realizing an unlimited earning potential!
This is the ideal role for the individual who enjoys being on the go and out of the office, where you will have the opportunity to "own your day" every day, while meeting new people and educating them on all the great services and products Spectrum provides.
Self-motivated, independent and goal-oriented individuals find the freedom, entrepreneurial nature and unlimited earning potential of this role very appealing.