Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) for Adolescents & Adults
Spectrum of Hope Cypress, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $32,000 to $36,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
We are seeking energetic, passionate, and caring individuals to provide ABA therapy in-clinic to adolescents, and young adults with autism or other developmental delays. Areas of focus in therapy include the following skills: communication, social, daily living, independence, personal hygiene, and fine and gross motor skills. Training is provided.
Our Behavior Technicians and RBTs conduct quality 1:1 ABA therapy under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) utilizing Discrete Trial Training and Natural Environment Training, and respond appropriately to problem behavior.
The duties and expectations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in daily morning meetings to prepare for the day and discuss clients
- Collect accurate and reliable data on company-issued tablet
- Help clients expand their ability to communicate
- Provide hands-on, direct care while following the principles of ABA and great attention to detail
- Assist with personal care routines such as grooming, dressing, wiping mouths, brushing teeth, toileting, shaving, etc.
- Safely monitor and respond accordingly to seizures for those clients affected with seizure disorders, after receiving training from our RN
- Participate in social group activities such as adaptive PE, circle time, and cooperative play with peers
- Exhibit knowledge of ABA terms and principles, as a result of the training we provide
- Adhere to our company policies, rules, and regulations including HIPAA
- Show stability, politeness, dependability, and good judgment
- Seeking a position with our organization for at least a year
- Strong desire to serve adolescents & adults with autism and other developmental delays
- Aptitude in multi-tasking
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully
- Ability to remain calm and neutral in challenging situations with clients
- Ability to write legibly and complete paperwork in a short time period
- Must pass background screening
- Must have reliable transportation, and have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Experience with children, adolescents, or adults with special needs is preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Available to work M-F, 8:15a 4:15p
- This role has physical qualifications that must be met such as the ability to be physically active for 30 minutes, respond quickly from any position, and the ability to lift or support 50 pounds. The complete list will be reviewed if granted an interview.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wages (pay rates based on working 8 hours a day)
- A non-exempt role. Hourly wages listed below as a yearly sum based off of an employee working 40 hours per week
Starting pay at $32,000 annually for entry-level BT
Starting pay at $34,000 -- $36,000 annually for RBT
Up to $39,000 annually for RBTs who stay and choose to build their career with us
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Supplemental policies available
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay, including one-week summer break
- Access to a financial planner
- Tuition reimbursement for master's level ABA coursework
- Supervision for BCBA exam candidates, after one year of employment
- Training provided and associated fees covered to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
- Community service initiatives
- Uniform provided (scrubs and t-shirts!)
- Opportunity to gain experience working with clients of all ages
- Excellent experience for those wishing to pursue other careers in healthcare or teaching such as counseling, OT, PT, SLP, etc.
- First class fun and professional environment
Spectrum of HopeWhy Work Here?
We were the proud recipient of Houston Chronicle's Top Workplaces Award for two years running!
Spectrum of Hope, LLC -- We treat children, adolescents and adults that are diagnosed with language, communication, behavioral and developmental disorders, delays and syndromes such as Autism Spectrum Disorders.
12110 Huffmeister RoadCypress, TX