Account Executive, Pharma
Spectrum Science Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Brace your career – you’re going beyond the science quo with Spectrum. We’re the integrated marketing, communications and media agency that’s out of this world. We’re fiercely independent and 100% science-focused so we can go where other “science-light” agencies can’t or won’t. Together with superhuman strategy, atomic creative, intermedia magic, interwoven ingenuity and indomitable innovation we dream beyond the realm of the possible – and do it.
The Account Executive will be responsible for supporting the interwoven client team across all client initiatives which may include advertising, scientific and data milestones, branding and positioning, digital and social strategy, corporate communications, clinical trial recruitment, internal communications, KOL development, advocacy relations, executive visibility, approval and launch communications, patient and HCP engagement and public affairs. This person will have exceptional organization and communication skills, be a resourceful and effective problem solver and have a general understanding of the healthcare landscape. A willingness to learn and collaborate within a team environment are critical factors for success in this role.
- Conduct research and assemble overviews across a variety of platforms
- Assist media outreach activities including development of pitch letters, media lists, outreach, results report, etc. by working with Knowledge Centers
- Assist team and Knowledge Centers with development of social media content and channel community management
- Develop Scientific Communication materials (press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders) and determine if there is a need to bring in Knowledge Centers as needed
- Align communications with client preferences (tone, writing style, formatting)
- Conduct research to inform new business insights
- Oversee and execute media monitoring
- Actively listen and develop agenda/call recaps with next steps; contribute as assigned to a portion of internal and external client calls
- Demonstrate an understanding and assist with referencing on client materials
- Takes direction, follows through, and makes corrections to stay on track
- Adhere to project timelines from conception to completion
- Meet deadlines and adhere to team norms, manage priorities, and effectively communicate to team members and supervisors
- Adhere to Spectrum’s guidelines in recording and submitting time, expenses, and Pos utilizing proper job codes
- Manage vendor relationships
- Ability to adjust and respond well to competing priorities and immediate demands
- Gain and demonstrate understanding of client industry focus, therapeutic and competitive landscape (understand marketing, strategies, key players)
- Lead and execute review of client materials through appropriate platforms and processes
- Review materials for consistency, accuracy, and proper use of grammar
- Review and understand Spectrum’s Playbook
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, English or similar major
- Has at least 1-2 years agency experience, interest in healthcare and science
- Possesses advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and familiarity with media tools (e.g., Cision, Bloomberg Terminal, HootSuite)
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously
- Focuses on extreme attention to detail
- Exhibits a professional demeanor
- Ability to excel in a team environment as well as work independently
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, independent thinking, and effective problem solving
- Showcases excellent written and verbal communication skills
You choose where you work. We are a hybrid work environment with options to work in one of our four offices (DC, NYC, Chicago and Atlanta), remotely anywhere in the United States, or a combination.
Spectrum is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Spectrum Science