Are you looking for an opportunity to partner with a company grounded in a social mission? Bridges Academy helps change the direction of children’s lives by offering them the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and create successful, independent futures. We’re seeking a BCBA to join our team and Make a Difference! We are passionate about helping at-risk students reach their full potential. If you feel the same way, we should talk.
Work. With Purpose
Behavior Clinicians (BCBA's) provide behavioral and educational support for individual students, responsible for educational/clinical trainings and measuring individual staff performance, and is the chief quality assurance agent of the educational and behavioral programs assuring compliance with laws, regulations, and internal standards for educational and behavioral services.
- Functions as a role model for effective teaching of students as well as for communication and problem solving with staff, reinforcing the School’s emphasis on behavior analytic, empirical approach to education, the extensive use of data in decision making, and the use of positive reinforcement to achieve maximum performance when working with students and co-workers.
- Assesses the school staff development needs, research, and designs training programs based on those needs.
- Oversees the implementation of crisis management procedures while also providing ongoing coaching and support in the use of crisis management principles.
- Ensures that Clinical Specialists/Clinical Assistants provide ongoing positive support within the classroom in a proactive manner that is aligned with student and classroom behavioral programs.
- Works in collaboration with Curriculum and Instruction Specialist around researching and making recommendations for the use of evidence-based curricula in the classrooms that meet the requirements set forth by the Department of Education.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with parents, care providers, and district personnel, always projecting a positive company image.
- Ensures the use of evidence-based, positive approaches to address the behavioral needs of the students served.
- Conducts and oversees functional assessments of behavior; writes Positive Behavior Intervention Plans; reviews and approves Behavior Intervention Plan updates, Behavior Support Plans, and Student Behavior Strategies; trains staff to implement behavior plans through in-classroom modeling and coaching.
- Provides support, guidance, and supervision in the areas of behavior management, teaching functional skills, teaching social skills, and IEP goal development across domains and services.
- Reviews and approves all behavioral emergency reports and takes appropriate follow-up action.
- Works in collaboration with the Curriculum and Instruction Specialist and AVP of ED Services in the use of Positive Behavior Supports/PBS, which includes the point/level system and school/classroom based reinforcers.
- Provides input and problem solve challenging student behavioral and instructional needs.
- Implements systems designed to meet the needs of individual students, classrooms, and the site as a whole.
- Provides support for the development of strategies for fading students from 1:1 staffing ratios to small group staffing ratios.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings including Regional training, Senior Behavior Analyst Meetings, Site Team Meetings, Clinical Meetings, All Staff Meetings, etc.
- Guides the instructional staff in developing long term and short term classroom goals and assists in determining priorities and timelines for implementation (e.g., START Checklist, Classroom Prototype).
- Ensures compliance with the State and Federal regulations, and ESA/Spectrum Center’s internal standards.
- Participates in on-going staff development through conferences, training, and seminars to maintain and develop core competencies.
- Must hold a valid BCBA license
- Willing to support two campuses - Spectrum Lake County (Lindenhurst) & Bridges Academy (Algonquin)
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor – and a stellar work ethic – we should talk.