Account Manager / Sales Representative - Virginia Beach area
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are: Spectrum Paint, the largest independent paint company in the US, is currently looking for highly motivated sales professionals. This is a great opportunity to earn a rewarding salary with a rapidly expanding company already operating in 8 states and 16 metro markets. We are an excellent company to work for with a great brand name in the marketplace. Good compensation. Good benefits. Great people! And we are particular about who we hire. Are you ready to make a difference? Join our team and start your career today!
What we’re looking for: A positive team player who strives to consistently hit revenue targets and is willing to put in the work to learn the paint and coatings industry. An individual who can think on their feet, find solutions to problems, and is looking for a long-term career with opportunities to grow salary.
Region/Area: Virginia Beach area
- Tasked with the responsibility of servicing customers and developing sales in a designated territory.
- Establish new accounts by discovering business opportunities and calling on new customers.
- Give product recommendations, application instructions, and quote competitive pricing on coatings for the architectural, commercial, and industrial fields.
- Place orders on behalf of customers and follow-up that orders have been completed in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with Store Manager and other store employees to ensure customer needs are met or exceeded.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to understand needs and identify business opportunities.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems and developing solutions.
- Ensure all internal reporting is completed in a timely fashion with correct information.
- Regularly communicate with Regional Sales Management regarding status and progress of accounts.
- Encourage and develop a team culture with store team members.
- Actively establish and build strong relationships with external and internal partners.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Sales Management Team.
Benefits include: After 60-day introductory period: Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Medical/Dental/Vision plans, Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance, Short/Long Term disability plans, Voluntary Accident Insurance, and 401(k) investment plan. Eligibility rules do vary.
Company Tools: Company Vehicle, Laptop & Cell Phone
Valid Driver's License required - must submit to a background and MVR check.
Salary: Depends on experience in the paint industry
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred but not required
- Must be a Self-Starter and punctual
- Strong desire to achieve top results with a positive “can-do” demeanor
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Territory Management Experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and close deals
- Ability to excel at Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, and Building Client Relationships
- Commitment to ethical behavior and willingness to adhere to company policies
- Able to pass a drug screen and background & MVR check
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be able to drive company vehicle
Spectrum Paint Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Spectrum Paint CompanyWhy Work Here?
Lots of opportunities - come join our team!
Spectrum Paint is the largest independent paint dealer in the nation. Spectrum has over 86 paint stores in nine states. Established in 1986, growth over the past three decades is a testament to our commitment to being a leading supplier of architectural, commercial, and industrial coatings. For over 30 years, Spectrum Paint has been providing professionals and homeowners with top-quality products, competitive prices, and the best possible service. Spectrum strives to offer the flexibility and response time of a small company. Spectrum has a broader and more complete product offering than any “company” owned store or home center. Come see the "Spectrum Difference" and experience more!
AddressVirginia Beach, VA