Patient Care Navigator
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Sign-on bonus up to $5,000!
This position can be either 32 hours (4 days) or 40 hours (5 days) per week.
Average hourly wage is $24 - $26 per hour.
Spectrum Healthcare Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty, physician-owned and directed professional organization and is comprised of over 200 physicians practicing in the areas of anesthesiology, orthopedics, pain management, pathology, radiation oncology, radiology, and vascular & interventional services. Spectrum provides services at many of Maine’s hospitals throughout the state and in eastern New Hampshire.
Under the supervision of the Clinic Supervisor, in collaboration with Physician, APPs and surgery schedulers, the Patient Care Navigator is responsible for performing a variety of duties in both the clinical and administrative areas focusing on the delivery of quality patient care.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if any)
- Works closely with the Clinic Supervisor, Physicians, APPs, and clinic team to coordinate the daily operations of the clinic.
- Serves as a resource to staff for solving clinical problems.
- Documents therapeutic procedures, dressing changes, wound management, allergies, and medication dosages.
- Ensures clinical team accurately and timely documents patient care services by charting in the patient record.
- Ensures H&P and other required documentation is completed by the Physicians and APPs
- Acts as a liaison between physician and post-operative patients, facilitating questions regarding wound care, pain management and follow-up appointments.
- Responsible for pre-appointment chart checks, ensuring all required historical records and imaging are present and ready for the physician, as well as diagnostic tests with physician guidance and scope of practice.
- Prepares charts for office visits and reviews for completeness.
- Greets all patients and families in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner, in person and via phone while maintaining professional behavior and adherence to organizational values.
- Inputs orders for labs, MRIs and other needs as ordered by the physician or APP.
- Records patient services in the EHR
- Works closely with the pre-authorization team and revenue cycle to ensure the required documentation is completed timely by providers and others.
- Schedules appointments and obtains prior authorizations as required.
- Manages incoming patient portal messages, phone calls and other communication with patients, consulting with the physician and communicating back to the patient per protocol.
- Prioritizes communication and requests from Ortho Access for level of urgency and immediate appointment needs with physician consultation and guidance.
- Collaborates with surgical scheduler to coordinate pre-operative diagnostic tests, medical consults, etc.; gathering information to ensure pre-operative patient facilitating questions regarding wound care, pain management, and follow-up appointments.
- Covers for Clinical Assistants in clinic as necessary. Has ability to effectively perform essential job functions for each role.
- Reviews test results with patients at the physician’s request
- Responsible for communicating with surgical patients 1-2 days after surgical discharge to perform a surgical checkup and schedule any necessary follow up appointments.
- Maintains medication records and transcribes pharmacy orders as requested by the physicia
- Facilitates patient education visits as requested by the provider.
- Problem solves scheduling issues through concise communication.
- Assists with daily processing of office correspondence and appropriate distribution.
- Manages all forms of patient communication.
- Processes patient FMLA and other disability forms
- Monitors department voicemail.
- Follows up with no-show patients.
- Retrieves required medical records, procedure notes, operative notes, etc., and scans any documents required to be uploaded in patient chart.
- Keeps abreast of current issues involving patient care or practice issues by attending and participating in department, team, and practice meetings.
- Attends meetings, as assigned, and participates in educational activities to keep skills up to date.
- Works on special projects, as requested.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times.
- Displays cooperative behavior and interacts positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment.
- Performs other duties necessary to maintain the overall efficiency and continuity of the clinic.
- Is proactive in identifying, reporting, and participating in the resolution of any potential or actual patient safety issues.
- Adheres to organization, federal, and local HIPAA guidelines and policies and procedures, as required by law.
- LPN with current Maine License or eligible for licensure, Medical Assistant, CMA/RMA, or other relevant healthcare credentials with required experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a healthcare environment with knowledge of Orthopaedics preferred
- Current BLS.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, leadership, and other staff.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks to meet changing demands.
- Ability to work independently and excel as a member of a cohesive team.
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of electronic medical records.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Operation of various office equipment; fax machine, telephone & voice mail system, stationary/lap top computer, scanner, e-mail system, cell phone, pager, and copier
- Light lifting of paperwork, folders or other general record keeping materials
- Lifting of mail bins and boxes up to 20 pounds, and 10 frequently
- Risk of exposure to hazardous conditions and blood borne pathogens
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasional reaching, bending, twisting.
- Health Insurance (80% company paid)
- Health Savings Account (Company Match: $3,000 family plan / $1625 individual plan)
- Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Match and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (company paid)
- Long-term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- Short-term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- Generous paid time off
- Voluntary, Employee-Paid Benefits
- Medical Reimbursement Plan
- Dependent Care Plan
Spectrum Orthopaedics was recently named the winner of the Best of the 207 Orthopaedics award!
Powered by JazzHR
Spectrum Healthcare PartnersPortland, ME
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.