Clinical Data Coordinator
Spectrum Health Services Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Spectrum Health Services is an FQHC with a broad scope of medical, dental, and pharmacy-related services. This requires ongoing monitoring, preparing, and reporting of data collected in and around the point of patient care. The Clinical Data Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that regular, ongoing deliverables of preparing and submitting regularly reported data from a number of different systems to a variety of public and private third parties is completed on schedule.
The Clinical Data Coordinator will apply his or her knowledge of health care and database management to analyze clinical data, and to identify and report trends.
Examples of third parties requiring regular data submissions are:
-Health Information Exchange vendors
-internal departments/regular operational and quality metrics
-regularly monitoring and processing the Interface Message Que Manager (IMQM)
-some grant deliverables
-SFTP file transfers
-external partners like Penn Medicine for OB services
This position will be overseen by the Director of Quality Data Reporting and Systems Integration and provides an entry-level opportunity to develop skillsets that are applicable to many areas of clinical and regular business operations. The candidate will work very closely with the Director to be deeply oriented to the purpose, function, and legacy of each individual data system, as well as orientation and training for use of Excel and other Microsoft Office products, population health application(s), and other data systems as needed. Compliance with HIPAA practices will be essential to this position.
· Performs regular data hygiene functionalities (data and clinical chart verification)
· Assists with mid level clinical system administration such as user creation and decommission
· Assists with day to day needs of outgoing and incoming data maintenance and monitoring
· Acts as point person for third party/vendor communication relating to clinical data transfer
· Performs primary report generation for committee review/external reporting
· Building ad hoc queries at the request of different department leaders using multiple platforms: AthenaNet, i2i, Dentrix, etc.
· Data file coordination and management
· Monitoring IMQM (Interface Message Que Manager) in Athena and processing records with errors
· Generating and disseminating daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly data reports
· Helping to ensure record maintenance with third parties like PhilaVax
· Assisting with creation of system user profiles
· Assisting with extracting/compiling data for specific quality measures and facilitating action between interdisciplinary teams
· Assisting with identifying opportunities for quality improvement
· Assisting with monitoring effectiveness of quality improvement initiatives
· Assisting with creating informational campaigns to increase awareness for clinical documentation
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Excellent knowledge of computers and electronics, and administration and management skills.
Education and Experience:
· General education degree or high school diploma
· Some experience in a Clinical Setting.
· Knowledge of computer or relevant software applications (Microsoft Suite, EMR and Dentrix)
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
We are the leading provider of world-class healthcare in our communities providing quality, safe, and effective care in an efficient, equitable, and timely fashion. We serve as a model of success for the other Federally Quality Health Center.
Make Your Money Where Your Heart Is
Spectrum Health ServicesWhy Work Here?
Competitive Compensation Package offered
Nationally recognized as a Level-3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, the highest designation for health centers, Spectrum Community Health Center provides the highest level of care improving the health conditions and advancing health equity within our communities through the delivery of quality primary care, specialty, and social services. We are the leading provider of world-class healthcare in our communities providing quality, safe, and effective care in an efficient, equitable, and timely fashion. We serve as a model of success for the other Federally Quality Health Center. Make Your Money Where Your Heart Is
5201 Haverford AvenuePhiladelphia, PA
HealthcareView all jobs at Spectrum Health Services