Foster Care Supervisor
Spectrum Child & Family Services Southfield, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide management of Foster Care services, while providing leadership and direction, assuming various administration responsibilities and ensuring that appropriate services are carried out in accordance with contract requirements, applicable laws and within the policies and standards set by the President, the Board of Trustees and relevant funding and regulatory bodies. Provide service coordination and reporting requirements for the Foster Care Unit.
- Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree with preference for Master’s degree in one of the following human services areas: social work, sociology, psychology, forensic psychology, interdisciplinary studies in social science, education, community development, law enforcement, behavioral science, gerontology, special education, education of the emotionally disturbed, education of the gifted, family ecology, community services, family studies, family and/or child development, counseling psychology, criminal justice, human services or in a human services-related counseling major.
- Experience: Four years of direct related experience with at least two years experience in Foster Care, child welfare or other children’s services. Two years of supervisory experience in child welfare.
- Skills: Supervisory skills including the ability to appropriately manage staff conflict, the ability to uphold staff accountability, and the ability to model appropriate professional behavior, interpersonal skills, time management skills, conflict resolution skills, computer skills, writing and documentation skills, effective training and management of staff
- Knowledge: Strength based family work, solution focused treatment, child development, child welfare laws, foster care policies/process and procedures
- Transportation: Reliable and ongoing as required to make home visits (when necessary) and provide transportation to youth and families, valid un-restricted driver’s license, good driving record, proof of automobile insurance.F. Other: State of Michigan Licensing Requirements: Satisfactory DHHS Central Registry Clearance and State Police Record Check, negative TB Test, satisfactory physical exam.