This is temporary assignment - approximately 3 to 6 mos. 1st and 2nd shift available immediately for assemblers, testers, and packagers.
Spectrum Brands is looking for a Warehouse Worker to join us in support of all manufacturing processes in the absence of a coordinator or by direction. Leads the team in safe and effective execution of production plans using a structured lean work and management system. This includes leading effective response to abnormal conditions, participating in problem solving activities to obtain sustainable standards, and supporting continuous improvement efforts in their area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Model the Spectrum Brands Values & Behaviors: Ownership, Teamwork and Agility.
· Work with associates in team effort to further company goals concerning productivity, safety, quality and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
· Effectively allocate production resources to ensure daily customer demands are met.
· Serve as the first point of contact for operational opportunities. Implement immediate countermeasures and/or escalate when necessary.
· Responsible for the training of new employees or current employees moving to new roles
· Maintain daily record keeping and verification.
· Ensure inventory, labor and error codes are correct in SAP.
· Ownership of Flex as it applies to daily adjustments, accurate displays and downtime reason codes.
· Lead daily shift start up meetings and provide daily accurate pass downs to oncoming shift in the absence of the coordinator or by direction of the supervisor.
· Perform all production tasks at or above set standards according to standard practice under the direction of the departmental Supervisor/Coordinator.
· Ensure daily production meets or exceeds quality requirements.
· Work at various production areas as assigned by manufacturing Supervisor/Coordinator.
· Assist in inventory counts.
· Perform other work related duties as assigned.
· Abide by all Company policies and procedures
Education and Experience Profile
High school diploma or GED required.
0-2 years manufacturing experience.
6 months manufacturing experience at PHG Blacksburg preferred.
- Able to read and operate common digital and dial quality test equipment.
- Previous SAP experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds with or without assistance.
· Must be available to work across multiple shifts.
· Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
· Must wear all prescribed PPE including, but not limited to: hearing protection, safety glasses, respirator and steel toed shoes.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.