Senior Director of IT will be responsible for the strategy and overall management of the Spectra IT organization. The successful applicant will have a strong track record of formulating an organization’s strategic charter, leading and developing teams, and supporting technology for the business across a dispersed Corporate + Field organization.
The candidate must have a “roll up your sleeves mentality” and possess the ability to lead the next critical stage of technology development for Spectra, as it expands beyond its traditional lines of business and geography. The initial duties of this position will involve the migration of the entire technology stack to a new standalone environment. This is an exciting opportunity to build an organization and infrastructure from the ground up, to shape Spectra’s current and future IT strategy.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Refine, standardize and optimize Spectra’s new stand-alone infrastructure and systems to be poised as a strategic partner for the business enabling continued growth, the ability to seamlessly onboard new clients and increased product innovation
- Develop the long-term roadmap to position the IT org for growth and support of the broader business functions, e.g. through deeper data analytics, standardized procedures and consolidated toolsets
- Buildout the IT organization, including roles and responsibilities and growth capabilities
- Lead development of IT policies and procedures for a dispersed business model (i.e. Corporate + Field locations), e.g. for security protocols, mobile device management, helpdesk SLAs, access and authentication guidelines, etc.
- Partner with leadership across the broader business to understand their BAU requirements, and support their growth initiatives
- Establish KPIs and metrics for reporting on IT efficacy and productivity
- Drive knowledge management and foster an environment for standardized, repeatable processes
- Manage IT vendor relationships and contracts
- Execute P&L responsibility to manage the overall IT budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related field (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in IT, with at least 5 years in a senior management role
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud network infrastructures, Microsoft server environments, ERP systems, and cloud based productivity tools
- Demonstrated ability to be an innovator, building strategic roadmaps that enable IT to be thought partner with the business
- Demonstrated ability to successfully build teams
- Ability to oversee a complex IT infrastructure environment
- Six Sigma and/or LEAN process improvement a plus
- Experience building partnerships with cross-department leaders
- Expertise with driving delivery of complex initiatives
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER