This position is based at our Niagara Falls Conference & Event Center. The Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls was built by the state of NY in 2004 after the old convention center was given to the Seneca Nation to become Seneca Niagara Casino. The casino is right across Third Street from our new building. The Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls was designed by Cannon Design from 3 existing buildings on the site. The “Falls” themselves formed approximately 12,500 years ago as the ice age ended leaving the Great Lakes. Back then, they were actually located in what is now the village of Lewiston. Erosion helped the falls move about 6 and ½ miles over that period of time to their present location. Erosion is no longer a major issue as the power authority diverts a good portion of the water to generate Hydro-Electric power. You can learn more about our venue here: http://ccnfny.com/
The Office Coordinator is responsible for providing operational and secretarial support to the office as needed, including General Manager, Sales, Events, Finance and Old Falls Street. Responsible for a variety of complex administrative and clerical duties; and to provide information and assistance to the public regarding events. Customer service is a priority.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Provide administrative support including typing correspondence, maintaining calendar, preparing contracts, making travel arrangements, compiling expense and other reports, monitor contract compliance of facility rentals
- Maintains a filing system for records, reports and other documents
- Responsible for maintaining files, preparing and transcribing correspondence, and obtaining appropriate signatures when necessary
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail with necessary postage; sends and receives email as needed
- Perform general administrative functions including faxing, photocopying, mail distribution, and bulk mailings
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Organize and submit office supply order
- Prepares and maintains contracts for Sales Manager
- Maintains General Manager’s binders and manuals and ensures current and up to date
- Answer, screen and direct calls; handle routine inquiries
- Assist with various event related duties
- Compile client/vendor lists
- Screen office and telephone callers; respond to complaints and requests for information on regulations, procedures, systems and precedents relating to responsibilities assigned; receive and route mail.
- Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memos and statistical charts; type from rough draft, verbal instruction or transcribing machine recordings; independently compose correspondence, brochures and flyers related to responsibilities assigned.
- Assist in a variety of department operations; perform special projects and assignments as requested.
- Maintain calendars of department activities, meetings and various events
- Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships in the course of work.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience including some lead supervisory responsibility.
- Able to communicate clearly in the English language both orally and in writing using proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Type or word process at a speed necessary for successful job performances.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and file keeping.
- Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves around the office to access storage areas, cabinets, office machinery and around the conference center. Communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. The position requires many hours of sitting while using a computer or telephone.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.