Job title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Irving, Texas 75063
Duration: 6 months
- The Pharmacy Tech, under direct supervision of a registered pharmacist working within a licensed pharmacy, performs the technical, non-judgmental aspects of medication preparation, distribution, record keeping and inventory control. Tasks are subject to sequential or final verification by a registered nurse or a registered pharmacist. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards. Specific state law may regulate that only licensed individuals perform compounding or mixing responsibilities. As a result, certain incumbents are prohibited from said tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Show initiative and take an enthusiastic proactive approach to work. Exhibit sense of urgency and superb multitasking skills. Checks all orders for completeness of information. Ability to read and interpret prescriptions Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization. Checks all orders for insurance approval.
- Calculates correct dosage volumes, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents. Responsible for assisting Pharmacists in the safe distribution of medications and the provision of pharmaceutical care. Enter and process new prescriptions into the pharmacy computer system where permitted by pharmacy regulation, and only at the direction of the supervising pharmacist after their review of the prescription in accordance with The Company policy and procedure. Process prescription refills to include: refill confirmation when appropriate, review pending refills with the supervising pharmacist, generate refill documentation and process third party claims adjudication. Maintains a neat and clean workstation. Accurately process all orders in a timely manner. Assist in maintaining the accuracy of software templates. Other tasks as assigned by Management. Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- High school graduate or equivalent 1-3 years of experience in a Data Intake Pharmacy. Pharmacy Technician License
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands of this job typically require full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye, hand coordination and the ability to read and note appropriate measurements. Requires sitting standing for extensive periods of time.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to direct contact with patients with potential for exposure to toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and chemotherapeutic agents.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.