- Expired: January 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Spectra Tech is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Logistics Services and Support.
We have enabled our Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. Spectra Tech provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more. Spectra Tech is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer (M/F/D/V) that believes customer satisfaction comes first.
Spectra Tech is currently seeking a Warehouse Specialist, to work with our government client at APG, MD. This position will interact with a wide range of program staff, DoD and military personnel. In addition, the Warehouse Specialist will have front line contacts with internal and external customers requiring active problem solving and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Receives, unloads, stores, and processes incoming shipments manually or by using handcarts, forklift, or other non-mechanized conveyances.
- Assigns a receipt control number (manifest) and documents it in an excel spreadsheet. This receipt control number shall be annotated on all receiving documents and on all packages at the same time.
- Assembles items into groups based on information shown on receiving vouchers and segregates materials according to specific factors such as shipments from vendors, detachments/field office, lease requirements, and test items.
- Conducts material inspection and routes items not requiring inspection (based on documented receiving procedures) to designated storage area or to the designated organization. All documentation shall be retrieved from various sources (e.g., GFEBS, DOD EMALL, Contract, and so forth).
- Reports damaged (damaged containers, leaking containers, unsealed containers) conditions to Government employees.
- Recognizes (based on documented receiving procedures) and determines non-expendable items for formal property accountability, records pertinent information (e.g., manufacturer, model, serial number, bar code), applies bar codes for accountability purposes, and forwards the receiving document to the stock record/property book for further processing.
- For items that are accountable on the ARL property book, a picture of the data plate shall be included in the package that is provided to the stock record/property book for adding to accountable records.
- When sensitive items are received such as Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI) or weapons, take immediate action to secure items according to established procedures.
- When required, coordinate incoming shipments that contain radioactive cargo with the ARL Radiation Protection Officer (RPO).
- Operates a forklift for loading and unloading of items.
- Stacks materials for storage.
- Drives Government-owned automobiles and trucks for short and long distances.
- Transports articles, materials, or furniture from various offices throughout the installation and on public roads.
- Assures vehicle is not loaded beyond the rated capacity by checking gross vehicle weight rated (GVWR) of vehicle to be loaded - no overhangs, no vision obstacles.
- Completes trip tickets by annotating daily utilization and preventive maintenance service records (check/completes the daily operation inspection list on the back of the trip ticket).
- Completes driver's accident report (SF91) if vehicle is involved in an accident.
- Pick up and prepare items (pack, secure, apply packing label) for shipment.
- Removes packing items, trash, and scrap materials (plastic, cardboard, wood, or metal) and puts in trash/recycling bins.
- Moves supplies and materials to designated locations using a hand truck or forklift.
- Moves or relocates furniture or materials for assembly or removal.
- Responsible for storage facilities to ensure entrance/exit doors are operational and secure, notify Government POC when breach of secured building, notify Government POC when repairs are required, and customer excess equipment (store and locate items according to location grid method, attach/tag required turn-in documentation (DD Form 1348-1a, DA 2765-1, Statement of Render Safe (APGR 755-3) DD Form 1342) to excess items, load vehicle with tagged segregated similar items upon the notification of scheduling with the Defense Realization and Marketing Office (DMRO) or local approved scrap destinations. Comply with DOD 4160.21-M, Defense Material Disposition Manual and DoD 4160.21-M-1, Defense Demilitarization Manual.
- Delivers goods to ARL customers based on established procedures.
- Handles hazardous materials.
- Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to follow established standard operating procedures.
- Ability to handle hazardous materials.
- Successfully utilize a forklift (various types) and be able to take and pass required training courses.
- Possession of a valid State Driver's license. Able to take and pass government required driving training courses.
- Ability to lift 70lb items.
Active SECRET CLEARANCE or the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance is required. (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)
Spectra Tech, LLC
AddressAberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Spectra Tech, LLC
Get fresh Senior Warehouse Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!