National Account Manager, Walmart
The National Account Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the sales lifecycle from managing, growing, and driving business results within core retail partner, Walmart and other potential Big Box retailers. You are driven to find new ways to partner with key members of the Walmart team to add strategic value to both Walmart’s and Speck’s business. The ideal candidate will be near Bentonville, AR, but can be located anywhere in the US, and will require frequent travel customer sites and periodic travel to Speck headquarters in San Mateo, California.
What You'll Do:
- Grow existing business within Walmart
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships with key buyers and executives at Walmart.
- Identify opportunities and challenges within account; create strategies to maximize sell through, profit, revenue, and market share.
- Understand how to communicate value propositions, present, and close new business.
- Establish and track a monthly sales plan and forecast towards annual account goals, which includes sales and profits.
- Partner cross-functionally to drive product level forecast accuracy to support new product launches and on-going sales.
- Create sales plan with your manager and drive sales plan to achieve sales and profit targets. for current and prospective accounts. Achieve 100% of channel's sales and profit goals.
- Conduct and/or receive weekly reviews of sales, RMAs, returns & allowances (R&A), quotes, promotions, sell through, inventory management, turns, forecasts, replenishment orders, backorders, and any other account activities that will impact financial results for the accounts; resolve issues that arise.
- Communicate and update sales team members with strategic company information and customer initiatives as required.
- Conduct inside and outside sales calls and participate in store visits and trade shows.
- Build relationships with regional area directors to drive regional sell through.
- Analyze and understand industry market trends, competition, products, and pricing that may impact sales efforts and communicate this information to all sales management and other departments as necessary.
- Review and analyze daily sales results and compare actual v. projected/plan results; formulate plans to respond to the analyses.
- Understand, communicate and uphold Speck's company values at all times.
Your Professional Profile:
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of sales account management experience; experience in the Big Box Retail environment a bonus.
- Strong results orientation, sales strategy and channel development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of consumer products, consumer electronics, accessories, or consumer packaged goods.
- Excellent business planning, analytical, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of trends in the retail industry and proven track record of leveraging data to drive sales and partnerships.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills required
- Ability to travel up to 50% depending upon geographical location