The Human Resource Business Partner works closely with each of Speck’s business units providing business partner leadership and local program design with Speck’s Executive Team and is a liaison to the Samsonite corporate office in Mansfield, MA. Speck is continuing to expand its brand and products globally which has initiated initial talent acquisition and on-boarding new team members in EMEA and potentially broader in the future. The HRBP manages a local San Mateo HR and Office team focused on delivering Specktakular employee experiences and proactively driving culture and engagement strategies. Speck is driving culture and business strategy transformation, and this is an exciting time to be at the forefront of their evolutional journey. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources at Samsonite with a dotted line to the President of Speck.
- Provide direction, oversight and development to the HR team for people related strategies to support a healthy and productive workplace.
- Partner with senior managers to identify key HR opportunities and provide strategic recommendations that will drive results while holding business units accountable in the acquisition, development and retention of their employees.
- Provide strategic consulting on organizational change efforts and business capability improvement initiatives that support overall business goals and objectives.
- Partner with Speck’s president to facilitate senior management off-site planning and meetings.
- Foster a "performance and results-oriented" culture through effective coaching and implementation of the performance management process.
- Support business units in building team effectiveness by designing and delivering organizational interventions specific to their unique requirements and needs.
- Partner with Senior Management and Finance team for workforce planning and annual headcount projections.
- Manage Talent Acquisition process and outsourced talent acquisition partners for direct and contingent hiring both in the US and some global extensions.
- Manage compensation process and external benchmarking to ensure compensation is administrated in a fair and equitable manner while remaining competitive from a total compensation perspective.
- Facilitate learning and development through identifying programs that are aligned with Speck’s business needs along with introducing corporate level programs to Speck.
- Provide recommendations and strategies to increase employee feedback loop to support on-going engagement and retention.
- Manage employee relations, ranging from investigations, corrective and preventive actions.
- Manage annual HR budget and monitor monthly expenditures.
- Liaise with subject matter experts at HQ/Mansfield regarding benefits, compensation, payroll, employee relations, compliance and audit.
- Provide oversight and direction for facilities and in-house shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate employee events, safety initiatives and other facility-related activities.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Business or related fields. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in human resources including HR Business Partnership experience.
- Demonstrated competence at a leadership level in areas of change management and business impact.
- Strong business acumen, able to translate complex business issues into HR implications and HR solutions into business-impacting solutions.
- A trusted advisor and coach with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization; proven ability to remain objective and discrete.
- Combined capabilities to think and act strategically while managing and executing the details of program delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence indirect relationships at all levels in a collaborative environment.
- Experience working in a matrix, high-growth organization.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently.
- Solid generalist background and understanding of all HR disciplines a plus.