Marine Construction Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Specialty Underwater Services of Baltimore, Maryland, is seeking a Project Manager who will have responsibilities in a heavy civil and marine construction environment. Projects will be of varying size and complexity from conception to finalization both in the design-bid-build or design-build markets.
In this position, you will primarily work from the office located in Baltimore, Maryland. Some travel to jobsites will be required, but the majority of time will be spent in the Baltimore office.
This position earns a competitive wage. We provide excellent benefits and perks, including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), and wellness time. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
Duties/Responsibilities of the Project Manager
The Project Manager will be responsible for contract management, change orders, preparation of subcontracts, project scheduling, quantities, invoicing, resource allocation and coordination, estimating, and material pricing and project buyout for private and public projects.
Projects will be for all types of general contracting work in heavy civil and marine construction. This includes concrete, bridges and structures, shoring, excavation, drainage and utilities.
- Interacts with Project Owners, Architects and Engineers.
- Evaluates quotes from suppliers and subcontractors and other historical cost data.
- Manages contracts, change orders and prepares subcontracts.
- Assists with submittal development.
- Develops preliminary project schedules.
- Manages quantities and invoicing.
- Provides project supervision as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in HCSS Heavy Bid and Primavera P3 is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Ability to be flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field is required.
- A background in heavy civil or industrial construction is required.
- Experience with Marine Construction is preferred.
- Experience with DOT is preferred.
- Professional Engineer license is preferred.
- Commercial Diving School Diploma is preferred.
About Specialty Underwater Services
Specialty Underwater Services (SUS) specializes in underwater marine construction including bridges, dams, pipelines, intakes, outfalls, inspection services, piers and wharfs and other public safety and local agency needs.
Our ability to successfully perform these types of projects attracts work from general contractors and engineering firms, to power companies and environmental firms, as well as federal entities and DOTs.
Working from two geographic locations, Pittsburgh, PA, and Baltimore, MD, allows us to quickly mobilize and respond to all types of projects and emergencies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast region.
We are proud of our relationships with existing clients and are confident their recommendations, along with our portfolio of experience, demonstrate our ability to deliver a quality product consistently across various industries.
Whether it is a simple one-day job, a multi-faceted project, or an open maintenance contract, we have a veteran staff with extensive experience in commercial diving and heavy marine construction available to safely and successfully complete the task.
Check us out on LinkedIn and Facebook!
SUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Specialty Underwater Services
AddressCurtis Bay, MD
ConstructionView all jobs at Specialty Underwater Services