Divers - Greater Pittsburgh, PA, area
Specialty Underwater Services Saxonburg, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Specialty Underwater Services is seeking high quality and experienced Divers/Tenders for commercial diving operations. Commercial Divers are to complete day-to-day assigned underwater construction activities of their specific project while achieving schedule, quality and safety goals set by their direct supervisors. Work below water using surface supplied air gear to inspect, repair, remove, or install equipment and/or structures. May use a variety of power and hand tools, such as drills, hammers, torches, and welding equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Undertake dives and other duties as directed by the Supervisor
* Ensure that personal diving equipment is working correctly and is suitable for the planned dive
* Ensure full understanding of the dive plan and is competent to carry out the planned task
* Know the routine and emergency procedures
* Report any medical problem or symptoms experienced during or after the dive
* Ability to identify and report any equipment faults, other potential hazards, near misses or accidents
* Perform topside and underwater rigging
* Setup and operate all equipment as directed by the diving supervisor
* Previous maritime experience and knowledge of diving support equipment
* Must possess working knowledge of industry requirements for equipment
* Current certifications of all diver owned equipment (i.e. Hat, bottle, etc.)
* Ability to wear a commercial diving hat 25-30lbs, for approximately 4hrs daily
* Ability to work in all weather conditions; rain, sleet, storm, snow, heat, etc.
* Ability to work out on remote or distant projects as needed for several days/months at a time
* Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
* All employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States
* Must have valid driver license and working vehicle
* Commercial Dive School Diploma
* Current ADC Dive Physical (Physicians Signature)
* Current CPR/First Aid/AED (Adult), from a certified Red Cross facility or equivalent (online certifications are NOT accepted)
* Current Emergency O2 Certificate, from a certified Red Cross facility or equivalent (online certifications are NOT accepted)
* 4 Recent dive logs.
* Current TWIC Card
* Current Blood Borne Pathogen Certificate
* Current HAZWOPER, OSHA 10 Hour or OSHA 30 Hour Certificate
* Rigging Certification/Training
* Current ADC Card
This job description is presented as guidance only, other reasonable tasks or responsibilities as management sees necessary may be added to this job description in order to achieve satisfactory job performance by the team member.
Specialty Underwater Services is a drug and alcohol free workplace. As a condition of employment, all Personnel will be required to submit to drug/alcohol testing when requested by the Company, including pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and follow-up testing.
A preemployment drug and/or alcohol test shall be administered to all applicants/new hires applying for employment for all positions and at all locations, including job sites, shop and yard, and the office.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. All new hires will be required to submit to a background check as a condition of employment.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status or on any other basis prohibited by federal, state and local laws.
For a copy of the Company's EEO Policy Statement please contact EEO Officer, Nancy Reynolds, at 724-443-1533.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro