Job title: Industrial Electrician
Reports to: Plant Manager
Supervisory responsibilities: None.
Summary/objective: Specialty Tooling Systems, Inc. currently has an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Electrician located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The ideal candidate will enjoy wiring and installing custom high precision and state-of-the-art machines.
Our employees are rewarded and recognized for performance and we offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. If this opportunity fits your experience and professional interests, please apply for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Conduct self in a professional manner.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Install cable ways.
- Read and follow wiring drawings/schematics.
- Perform routing and termination of wiring according to schematics.
- Perform assembly and wiring of electrical service panels.
- Perform assembly and wiring of equipment drive enclosures.
- Perform assembly and wiring of machine /robot control consoles.
- Keep supervisor and team members informed of progress, problems, and changes.
- Use all necessary hand tools.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all NEC/ANSI/OSHA codes and other government codes related to the job.
- Actively help with the training needs of the department
- Willing to work overtime when required.
Required competency, education, and experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience wiring automation equipment
- Reliable transportation with current Driver’s License and auto insurance
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Candidate must be drug free
Preferred education and experience:
- Strong attention to detail – takes pride in their work!
- Knowledge of 120/240/480 3ph Systems, motors & Controllers
- Good communication and penmanship skills.
- Organizational skills (tools, materials, and work area)
Work environment: Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to use motorized equipment (i.e. forklift).
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Ability to use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
Position type and expected hours of work: Full time, hours may vary. Overtime may be necessary depending on workload.
Travel: 0-10% (outside of a 50 mile radius of Grand Rapids, MI)
Compensation/Benefits: STS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes competitive pay, dental insurance, vision insurance, health insurance, short term disability, long term disability, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, 401(k) plan with match, education reimbursement, paid vacation and holidays, and flex spending.
Other duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
STS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. STS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
More specifically, STS engineers, designs, and fabricates:
- Robotic MIG, Spot and Laser Welding Systems
- Integrated, automated assembly centers and systems
- Vision inspection and quality audit machines
- New, redesigned and repaired equipment
- Engineered control systems and interfaces
- Complete on-site support, maintenance programs, and troubleshooting services
- And much more!
We invite you to apply today if you are interesting in becoming a part of the STS team!
Specialty Tooling SystemsIncreased output and quality through smart engineering, which integrates the right tools, is our bread-and-butter at Specialty Tooling Systems, Inc. (STS). STS has made a name for itself over the past 20 years as a premier company for assembly equipment and automation systems for the automotive industry and manufacturing at large. STS offers a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing company backed by the reputation and financial strength of Tooling Systems Group, a family of 13 companies located across the US and Asia that employs over 600 people, and Nachi-Fujikoshi Corporation, a large publicly traded Corporation headquartered in Japan, with locations located throughout the globe, and known for its industrial robots, machining tools and systems and machine components. More specifically, STS engineers, designs, and fabricates: - Robotic MIG, Spot and Laser Welding Systems - Integrated, automated assembly centers and systems - Vision inspection and quality audit machines - New, redesigned and repaired equipment - Engineered control systems and interfaces - Complete on-site support, maintenance programs, and troubleshooting services - And much more! We invite you to apply today if you are interesting in becoming a part of the STS team!