Adam & Eve of Chesapeake is currently looking for an enthusiastic, honest, responsible, motivated, mature and experienced Store Manager with a can-do attitude. A successful candidate will be a quick learner that can lead by example, will possess the ability to work well with a team, and will have the kind of personality and attitude that creates an environment where people enjoy coming to work every day. Other deciding factors include an open availability as well as great people and computer skills.
Goal/Mission: Provide the leadership to achieve and surpass goals that have been established for your store by building a team that is committed to achieving goals all while providing outstanding customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with regional manager to set store goals in every aspect and get the buy-in from your team to achieve established goals;
- Must be able to speak and teach the business in terms of sales numbers and goals;
- Create a selling environment focused on customer service, product knowledge, performance objectives and recognition;
- Demonstrate that customer service and sales are number one priorities by maintaining a presence on the sales floor and leading by example;
- Exercise sound judgment in effectively addressing customer concerns;
- Report directly to the Regional Manager for all store issues;
- Constructively shares suggestions, ideas and concerns with Regional Manager/Owners.
- Hire and maintain a staff that is capable of operating the store within guidelines and expectations including the store’s Confidentiality Agreement Policy;
- Commit to hiring and training strong team members, capable of advancement in a retail store organization;
- Guarantee company assets by ensuring adherence to all Loss Prevention procedures;
- Responsible for training and monitoring each employee as well as providing feedback to ensure that they are providing the best possible customer service;
- Commit to ensuring that the entire team has a working knowledge of the products that we sell by working with Regional Manager and product vendors to obtain training and product knowledge.
- Responsible for communicating and compiling reports for all daily/weekly/monthly results from the business, including daily closeouts and weekly recaps;
- Order merchandise (in collaboration with Regional Manager) and be responsible for input into the POS system, all while adhering to budget guidelines;
- Inventory control which includes accurate receiving and transferring of products in and out of the POS to help maintain appropriate stock levels;
- Monitor and control payroll by effectively scheduling to the business needs.
- Identify and control inventory losses, both external and internal, as well as losses related to paperwork errors;
- Maintain a well merchandised store as well as fresh and seasonally current window displays. Keep clean and well organized store/stockrooms.
- Assist store owner in identifying marketing opportunities;
- Constantly develop new ways to promote the store;
- Help develop the brand in the Greater Tidewater market.
- At least 3 years of strong retail management experience;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Excellent customer engagement;
- Proven track record of results;
- Outstanding people skills;
- Demonstrates adaptability;
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and peak season times;
- Must be 21 years old or older;
- Background check is required.
- High school or equivalent.
- Manager/Supervisor: 3 years minimum.