Specialty Resources Chester Springs, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Global Logistics Manager
Specialty Resources is a global sourcing and inventory management company for precision components & specialty products. Our domestic and offshore partnered factories allow us to source and supply our customers with quality products at competitive prices. SRI can supply; precision machined components, stampings, bearings, castings & forgings, cold headed & powdered metal parts, electrical components, rubber & plastics, seals, gaskets, springs, sheet metal fabrication and fasteners.
Specialty Resources Inc. is seeking an experienced and results oriented individual to join our team as an Global Logistics Manager. The ideal candidate will have prior knowledge in a related industry. The individual will support the company in developing and implementing a International Logistics strategy to assure the best possible product and cost. This individual will be responsible for assisting the global sourcing department and will report to the Director of Global Sourcing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guide, manage, and execute Specialty Resources, Inc. (SRI) Global Logistics strategy
- Strategize, plan, and execute global shipments
- Maintain appropriate reporting metrics
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and hands-on support to all global SRI stakeholders as necessary to accomplish SRI strategy
- International Trade and Compliance
- Provide Trade Compliance input to SRI leadership pertaining to formulation of global sales and operations strategy
- Inco-Term application to sales agreements, multiple-entity sales/buyer strategy, all other required compliance measures
- Manage and monitor all US export/import shipments for compliance with US Trade Regulations, Export Administration Regulations and Customs and Border Protection
- Audit and correct operations executed by 3PL's/Freight Forwarders on behalf of SRI
- Act as SRI interface with US government compliance agencies; Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Maintain and investigate new full-service relationships with freight forwarders
· Expediting and supplier communication
· Shipment consolidations
· Updating ERP system (Epicor, P21, SAP, JDE, Oracle)
· Communication with PM teams on schedule changes
· Maintain shipment cost breakdown spreadsheet
Required Skills and Competencies
· Bachelor’s (Preferred)
· 3 5 years logistics experience (Preferred)
· Ability to work independently and receive minimal guidance on work assignments
· Must be a strong communicator both oral and written
· The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills, MS Office Suite, Outlook
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k).
When responding, please include salary history/expectations with your resume.
Specialty Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Employees are carefully selected based on positive work history, reference verification and background checks.
112 Oscar WayChester Springs, PA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Specialty Resources