Direct all aspects of the SPC marketing plan including social media presence, company website, internal communications, customer emails and newsletters, blogs and thought leadership papers, industry events and speaker roles and press releases.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop communications strategy for external marketing campaigns, customer communications, digital communications (including website) and lead generation. Establish metrics to measure success of these programs
- Oversee planning, strategy, logistics, and coordination of industry events. Develop metrics to assess success of these programs.
- Analyze existing marketing collateral with a critical eye to identify and improve current processes
- Ensure website is updated regularly, identify and execute opportunities to increase web traffic, and develop strategies to increase the effectiveness of web and social media efforts
- Publish company newsletter
- Develop creative marketing materials
- Develop and oversee client case studies, testimonials, thought leadership papers (includes interviews, videos, writing, and editing)
- Create marketing videos and learning modules
- Manage and direct the work of direct report(s)
- Develop and execute service and product feature marketing strategies; develop pragmatic solutions within budgetary constraints
- Communicate with senior management about marketing initiatives, project metrics and results reporting.
- Create and/or edit collateral
- Ensure content and branding cohesiveness
- Assist with response of customer RFPs/RFIs for corporate strategy alignment and brand strategy
- Write scripts for key sessions at association events
- May be responsible for communicating press releases and program announcements to both internal and external audiences
- Bachelor degree (marketing, business or arts preferred) with 3-5 years of relevant direct marketing work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience in direct marketing.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook), Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Strong project management skills with ability to establish/meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Experience working in a production-oriented organization and interacting with various production groups, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including proofreading and editing skills and experience in writing both print and web copy.
- Experience in use of social media, SEO, and web-based marketing programs.
- Highly organized with strong attention to details
- Ability to work comfortably in a matrix reporting environment
- Ability to quickly learn SPC brand, product details, areas of competitive advantage & unique selling points
- Ability to think strategically and work in a collaborative team environment to build & optimize the annual marketing plan
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal & external creative resources.